The way of us

Wakatongu went home to his tribe in tears, realizing something was dearly wrong.

Wakatongu was crying and brought to his grandfather.

"Why did you did lie to me?!" Wakatongu says.

Wakatongu horrified states "I'm confused, did she go to look for me?!"

His grandfather simply states "No."

Wakatongu asks "Then what's wrong?!"

His grandfather's name was Biminak.

It is 12:30 AM, now.

Maryonnie is playing in the background by poking her thigh .

Wakatongu just sits there. Sad.

He doesn't want to show it, he feels like it makes him look weak.

It's understandable to cry, however and be sad and look like it, many people do that.

He just sat there and looked back at his sister flinching and poking her thigh .

She had fun with it.

He looks at her in confusion, and then lets her go on with that.

She lays on her stomach and says "I am the darkness." in hush whispers and a dark way.

"I love the darkness." Maryonnie says in a creepy cutesy childish way.

Then she laughed maniacally.

Wakatongu walks to her and picks her up by the back of her shirt and lifts her to his face, his face to hers close up to each other and says "Stop it."

She laughed and opened her mouth and licked the top of her mouth inside of it and laughed out loud.

He places her gently, keeping her thigh in the air on the ground then says "Gosh, why don't you act like a normal child."

"No such thing as a normal child!" Maryonnie says in defense of her weirdness.

She asks him to "Sit next to me!" so he does. "I'm gonna climb you!" she cheerfully voices, he says "Why would you- nope, how would you do that?" he exclaims in laughter.

She feels around and attempts to climb him like a mountain and is only using her hands. Once she felt him, she started climbing with her hands only and some help from her good leg.

She said "ow" with each movement she made, and he was worried and told her to "Stop, Maryonnie, you're hurting your thigh."

"I like the pain...............Now." Maryonnie says in laughter not meaning it, he grabs her fingers and pulls them over his chest and carries her to the forest to find his mom, she asks "Where are we going?!" he looks at her, scared to tell her but says "We're not going home."

Maryonnie knew why she thought and said "Is it because Daddy is mean to us? He doesn't even see me or want to see me..."

HE just sighs and says "Maryonnie, I don't know what to tell you but...maybe he loves you? I mean, he may be mean but...you know...I guess he's nice to you? I think."

Maryonnie vents "I said he doesn't like to see me, he just hits mommy, stays away from me, and hits you!"

Maryonnie vents more and more on the way and she then says "I think daddy wants us dead. And gone. I'm too dark. But it's true. He hates me and you and mom. My daddy doesn't love us."

Wakatongu stops then stares at her hands and says "I love you, okay? Your mom, she loves you."

Then she sobs a bit and then says "I'm the reason he hates her-"

Wakatongu says then "Don't turn that on yourself, honestly, I never told you this but he always hated her, he was always mean to her, he was so awful!" he said shaking his head in disdain, anger and resentment.

He was in tears, but he tried to bury them.

He wiped his eyes and decided to move on and keep going and walking.

When she heard this, her face churned in disgust.

She thought "He was always this way? He's evil!"

She kissed him on the cheek, his anger lowly quieted and he said "Thank you, sis." with a smile on his face that was fake.

He gets a flashback to his life with the foster family, he remembers his sister in tears, his foster father steaming and asking his foster mother to jump out of the window, she was terrified as she was screaming for him to "Don't push me out, please!"

Wakatongu was increasingly worried, he heard a SNAP, he freaks and says "Don't make a peep and stay here to his then 4-year-old sister.

He went to his foster parents' room and said "Foster dad! Dude! What-" his foster father jumped from behind him and grabbed him from behind and pulled him into their bedroom and said "Don't you call me that, I 'm not your father!"

His foster mother was beaten, crying and begging "Don't kill him!"

His foster father pulled him to the window and said "You always keep him in your eyes, you need to get a break, he loves no one but himself!"

"I understand, please leav- him-" she was cut off by the foster dad punching her in the face, she fell to the floor and his foster dad started to choke her.

Wakatongu saw a bloody knife when she was being choked, he looked at her arm and it had a huge knife cut, he realized his foster father was crazier than he expected, Wakatongu took it and stabbed his foster father.

His foster mother freaks out and gets from under his foster father with his help and he saves her by taking her and the Maryonnie outside from his foster father, who was screaming in pain.

The police were called by his foster mother who was worried about his foster father.

"My- um, husband stabbed himself, he thinks it was our son but he's lying, he's really delusional. He almost killed us." She said.

The police came and restrained him and dragged him to the cop car and drove him to the station.

Present day, Wakatongu sobs and puts his sister down on the ground yelling "Why did I have to go through that?!"

Maryonnie answers "I don't know. Go through our father? i have no idea."

Wakatongu hugged her and said "No, I don't think I can take you back. Not to him."

Maryonnie cried and said "What about mom?"

Wakatongu teared up and said "I'll...do something about her."

Wakatongu squeezed her shoulders saying "As long as I'm here, no one can hurt you. He doesn't deserve you!"

He swallowed and broke into sobs realizing he couldn't hold them back.

"Nobody cry, okay?" Maryonnie said, but he retorted "I need this, nobody stop me when I cry, okay?!" swinging his head back and forth in tears flying all over Maryonnie as she starts to tear up.

He lets her reach her hand out and wipe away his tears.

"As long as I'm here, no one will hurt you..." She says, but he retorted "You can't protect me, and I have to protect you.

She rubs his face in protectiveness.

He let her kiss his cheek and she did, he had to turn his face for it to happen.

To be continued...