Respect

Wakatongu meets their chief, Manuelito, a man.

Somebody lied.

Wakatongu asked "Where's the chief?"

Manuelito, confused, replies "I am chief."

"The chief is a woman, isn't it?" He says in confusion.

"He is confused, I am a man." Manuelito says in offense.

Duxe says "We heard you were a woman, a woman took his mother and enslaved her." "Your mother was taken by a liar." Manuelito was so angry and confused, thinking "Who is enslaving my people and saying they're me?!"
Manuelito went out for another person to come and ask who it was that was doing it out total rage and disgust.

Dene walked in and asked "Hello, are you the man whose mother was taken?"

This is starting to sound like Law and Order.

Wakatongu: "Where is my Mother?!"

"You are." Says Dene.

"What happened, tell me the whole story." He says.

"The Diné and my tribe went to war and my mother and my grandfather had to give her up to stop it." Wakatongu says to Dene, Dene looks to Manuelito and says "What war?"

Manuelito was furious and told him there was no war in 1894 with another tribe and them in Navajo.

"Excuse me?" Wakatongu says then Dene translated it to English.

Dene: "Where did this lie come from?" He says, worried, slaves were taken by some natives and usually it was horrific, he kept the chaos down.

"My grandfather, the leader of our tribe." Wakatongu says.

"You need to talk to him, how do you not know your own tribe's affair if your grandfather leads it?"
He says, "I was taken by white men at six." Then Dene was confused, "How are you here, then?"

"I got out of the white couple's home and came here to find my mother, I just got back."
Wakatongu explained everything in precise worried details.

Manuelito says "Your grandfather is a liar, you go home and speak with him."

Wakatongu went outside and went looking for his mom fervently to no avail, he just ran out of the place, Manuelito was following him to see where he was going, Manuelito eventually caught to the crying 17-year-old apache boy on his knees, bawling.

Manuelito never saw a boy crying that hard since the kidnappings of the native children to white boarding schools and foster carers.

Manuelito comforted him.

To be continued...