02

CHAPTER: 02

CHAPTER: 02

MYSTIC FALLS — SEPTEMBER 6th, 1863

THE WEATHER STARTED to have a crisp in the air now that Fall was slowly approaching. It had to be Kennedy's second favorite season, her first one had to be Spring. In the girls opinion Spring was like a rebirth for the world, as if everything was starting to come alive again with the weather beginning to feel warm again, the flowers would start to bloom and all the animals would come out of their hibernation.

Ever since she was just a child Kennedy had loved animals and luckily Giuseppe let her bring her horse with her when she moved in with the Salvatore's. She had gotten it around the same time Stefan got his own, the two had begged their parents to let them own one which took a lot of convincing. Now, both horses stay inside of the stables and occasionally would be brought out whenever Kennedy or Stefan wanted to go out for a short run.

As of now, Kennedy grabbed her coat from the rack and made her way out towards the stable so she could check on her horse – Fawn. She planned on taking her for a ride out to Wickery Bridge so that she could watch the sunset as the night began to make its end.

She would have invited Stefan but the boy was off at school for the day and surely wasn't going to be home until later. Her next hope would have been his older brother Damon, but he was too busy helping Giuseppe with sending packages to the soldiers in the war and the raven haired man wouldn't have enjoyed the sunset as much as she knew the other brother would. So, she opted in going alone, letting her maid, Greta, aware of where she would be incase anyone needed her.

Which she knew nobody would dare need her assistance for the rest of the day. She opened the stable doors and smiled at the sight of Fawn. "Hello my beauty." She cooed as walked over to her, she gently held out her hand so that Fawn could sniff it. A short giggle escaped the girls mouth and she quickly ran her hand down Fawns long hair.

"Come on, we're going for a run."

She quickly walked over to the saddles and placed one over the horse. Petting her horses back, she jumped on the saddle and began to direct Fawn out of the stables and down the path that led out of the Veritas Estate – her home.

The two strolled down the roads, they were misty, a fog hanging over them while the autumn leaves fell from the trees. Her eyes looked around, a small smile tugging on the edges of her lips. She wrapped her fingers around the lead rope, and eventually Kennedy found herself reminiscing about her old life.

The life she had when her parents were alive. She remembered how her entire family was happy, both her parents, her older brother Henry, and herself. Since the death of her parents she hadn't seen her brother for he moved back to England at the beginning of the year so he and his new wife could get to know the other more. Also, he insisted that he should live in the building they once called home before they moved to America.