03

CHAPTER: 03

CHAPTER: 03

            FINDING A WAY to escape reality
is a necessity to being able to clear your head. Kennedy's way of escaping reality is by painting up in her room, the activity gave the girl a sense of serenity. It reminded her of both her parents, her mother was someone who was huge fan of art, and her father was someone who collected pieces, so being able to have the talent to paint made the blonde feel close to them.

She was now inside of her bedroom standing in front of a blank canvas, with her paint brushes next to her with paint right at their sides. A few feet from her was Stefan lying on her bed, with his arms behind his head admiring the girl from the small distance that was set between them. Anyone who knew the boy well could easily say that he had an infatuation with Kennedy, and some may even say he had developed a crush on her over the years.

Though, the adopted girl was oblivious when it came to male attention especially when it came to how they felt. And Stefan, who wasn't great at acknowledging his feelings, wasn't sure on what he felt towards the girl. He kept telling himself that it was because she was his bestfriend that he was supposed to feel such things.

A smile complimented the boys features as he watched Kennedy paint across from him. Her blonde hair was brought back into a messy french braid and short pieces had managed to frame the sides of her face. There were creases carved on her forehead from how focused she had been, and she bit her bottom lip.

Her eyes parted away from the canvas and she met Stefan's forest green eyes, a light blush grew on her face once she remembered his presence in the room. She had been so caught up in the different hues on her canvas that she forgotten the boy sitting on her bed. Also, Stefan was extremely quiet.

"It's rude to stare Mr. Salvatore." Kennedy noted, with a small smile itching it's way into her lips.

A chuckle escaped Stefan's lips and he sat up. "Is it a crime?" He questioned, raising an eyebrow suddenly feeling confident.

Her hand found its way to her cup of water where she would clean the brush before changing the needed color of paint, she dropped the paint brush inside and crossed her arms. "Well it should be." She retorted, raising both her eyebrows.

"Then lock me up."

"Quit teasing Stefan." Kennedy mumbled before going back to painting. "You should've seen the sunset today." She voiced, changing the subject.

He sighed and rubbed his temple, "I know and I sincerely apologize for my absence today Kennedy, but you know how father has me going to boarding school."

"No, no, I didn't say such a thing to make you feel guilty.. I just wished you had seen it somehow. It was beautiful." Kennedy rambled, attempting to take the guilt away from Stefan which had seemed to work because he smiled.

The youngest Salvatore stood up and walked over to Kennedy and stopped right by her side, taking a good look at what she had painted so far. His eyes widened at how mesmerizing her art piece had been he then looked down at the blonde who was slightly shorter than him and smiled again.

"Well by this painting I can only imagine it, and I can imagine it well. You have a wonderful talent for being able to bring memories to life, Kennedy." He began to speak looking at the side of her face while her eyes traced over her canvas, "I promise the next time you want to go and watch the sunset I will be at your side."

Her head finally turned and her blue eyes fell on his, an innocent smile curled onto her face. "I would really appreciate that, Stefan."

Silence slowly covered over them until Kennedy broke eye contact and cleared her throat, turning back to adjust her painting. "How was school today? Anything new happen?" She questioned him, actually curious on his day outside of the Veritas Estate.

He cleared his throat and sat down back on the edge of her bed. He began thinking of what happened at school, he learned the usual things he learned on an everyday basis which were reading, history, grammar, and geography.

Stefan than remembered how one of his friends, Leonard, was getting engaged. The boy remembered how his classmate was ecstatic to share the news with him. His brooding expression fell once he remembered the smile on Leonard's face. "Well, you do remember my friend Leo?" He asked her for reassurance to continue on with his short story of today's events.

The blonde nodded her head, "Yes."

"He's getting engaged and he was extremely happy about sharing the news with me, said it was going to be a small wedding inside of his family's barn." Stefan enlightened.

Kennedy's nose scrunched up at the sound of an engagement, automatically thinking it was arranged but Stefan was quick to tell her that it wasn't like that.

"You're saying that Leonard found true love?" Kennedy questioned him, a smile on her face along with a light in her eyes. Stefan nodded his head and laughed at how childish his bestfriend was being. "I'm happy for him."

A small smile curled onto Stefan's lips as he watched Kennedy finish her painting in admiration. Once she was done she quickly washed her hands and set her brushes to the side so they could dry.

Clearing his throat Stefan stood up and adjusted his attire. "I hope you don't plan on missing the party tomorrow." He voiced, raising a curious brow.

"I wouldn't want to miss it." Kennedy replied with a small smile, she looked away from the boys gaze and a light blush crept onto her cheeks from how intense his staring was.

"Amazing."

Stefan began to walk away but stopped at the door and turned his head to say one last thing to Kennedy. "Save me a dance." With that he closed the door leaving a smiling Kennedy inside of her bedroom, all while Stefan made his way into his own with a fast beating heart and sweaty palms wondering why on earth did he just do that?