four

Light rays of sun and soft snores woke me out of my slumber, heat encompassed by back and a strong arm held me tight. I knew from the feel of the body pressed to mine that jace was against me. Its not unusual for me to wake up in this position, ever since we were kids and had sleep overs Jace had always cuddled.
As I laid there I thought about everything that happened at the party last night and it's uneventful ending, although; my main focus was on the way Jace had been acting. I don't know what's up with him lately acting so possessive over me! I will get answers, I need to have freedom and as much as I love Jace, he is smothering me.
I was broken from my thoughts when Jace tightened his hold on me and moaned before saying, "good morning beautiful."
I stiffened, those little pet names he keeps calling me are giving me a weird fluttering feeling in my stomach, I'm unsure what it is.
"Mmmmm morning," I mumbled, "what time is it?" I pondered.
"10:30." Jace said after a pause, "guess we are going to miss school today!" He chuckled.
"Great" I sighed, "you better get me that extension you promised. I can't fail that class!"
"Don't worry babe, I got you!" He replied slowly stretching out.
"Common, we should get up and go for breakfast a big Jo's" That did sound good I am always up for big Jo's famous farmers skillet.
"Yeah that sounds good." I replied, "though I should also call my parents and tell them that I won't be at school today." I suggested as I got up from bed heading towards his bathroom.
"I'm going for a shower I'll be out in five!" Slamming the bathroom door before he had a chance to reply.

The house was clean by the time we were ready and heading out. It surprised me for moment until I remembered they had maids and probably did all that cleaning early this morning.
Allowing Jace to lead me to his parked truck, I thought about how I may brooch the subject about his behaviour at breakfast, a thought that made me a little uneasy.
Once we reached the restaurant Jace grabbed my hand before we headed in. I stared down at our entwined hands, it never really bothered me before but it's starting to feel like a more than friendly gesture. 

The waitress looked at us and giggled before showed us to our seats causing me to flush red and attempt to pul my hand away from Jace but he wouldn't budge.
The waitress once agin giggled as she watch Jace get in the booth seat beside me and not I front of me. She said she would be back shortly for our orders she was just go get us some coffee to start. Once she was out of ear shot I turned to Jace, "I think she thinks we are a couple" I grumbled.

He nodded looking deep in though before replying "is it so bad? The thought of us in a relationship." He questioned seriously. Stunned I sat in silence for a moment before answering "well no, but I mean I never thought about it. I've never thought about being with a guy period." I stated frowning.
"I'm not suggesting that we start dating right this second." Jace said calmly "but it's not a bad thought, don't you think?" He pondered while grabbing the menu.
I just nodded before looking down at my own. A relationship with Jace? A real relationship.. Surprisingly the thought didn't freak me out as much as it should have.

The smell of fresh coffee wafted up at me breaking me from my thoughts, looking down I saw a big pot of black liquid goodness. Immediately I reached over to grab the sugar but Jace was passing the sugar to me, "thanks," I replied with a smile. "I know you love sugar babe." Jace winked. 

"Are you guys ready to order?" the bubbly voice of the waitress asked. "Yes!" I replied instantly, I really wanted that skillet. "Yeah, Ill have the Big Jo with a side of sausage and he will have the farmers skillet with sourdough." Jace stated with a smile, the waitress nodded while writing down our orders on her notepad and told us she would have our orders out soon. As she walked away Jace turned to look at me his eyes shining as he smirked, "Can you do me a favour?" He asked, frowning I looked at him questionably "What is it?" I asked. "Can you rest your leg over mine? I need more room to spread my legs, I'm cramping up a bit here." "uh yes sure I guess." I replied and blushed as he grabbed my leg and lifted it so it was resting over top of his. His hand still resting on my knee as he took a sip of his coffee. 

"So Ive been meaning to ask you," he started, "who are you going to ask to prom?" "Im not sure I haven't thought of it, I mean its only October, maybe Sara?" I replied. "Well I was thinking that maybe you would want to go with me. You have been with me for our entire school career and lives, I just think it will be I don't know fitting to end our school years together." He told me while  rubbing small circles with his thumb on my knee. "Are you sure? Isn't prom subbed to be like a big thing for couples and dates?" I replied. "No, its meant to be spent with your friends and the person you care about the most, and for me thats you." I opened my mouth to reply but was interrupted by the sound of plates being put down on the table.

"Here you go gentleman!" The waitress smiled as she placed the last plate down. "Is there anything else I can get you two?" She asked, we both shook our heads and thanked her as we picked up our utensils.

"Any way, just think about it I want to take you, if you will let me." Jace smiled as he dug into his food. I started picking at my skillet while looking over at him. Something is up with him and I am going to talk to him next weekend, our fathers always take us on a fishing derby up in the Lake pine river area. I will ask him to go on a hike up the mountain and there I will confront him. I think Jace likes me a little more than a friend, for some reason that makes me feel warm inside... in a good way.