Part 1: Lost Chance

2 years ago

Hi! It's me you're churchmate-

Okay that's too friendly

Hi! just wondering if we can get close?-

Damn too obvious that I'm interested in him!

As I was drowned by my own thoughts on what to message, I felt a hand on my shoulder,

"Sis, we should go now, we can't be late."

I stand up and carry my bag outside the house. Being a grade 12 really sucks, if not for this new curriculum I would be wearing that cute uniform that college students wore everyday at school.

"Early in the morning and you're looking awful-"

"What now? awfully ugly than yesterday?" I utter as I slightly punch his shoulder.

"Awfully untouchable."

I roll my eyes because of his weird humor and rest my head at the table. It was 8am and he's bothering me again.

-lunch time-

"As I was saying, Brent have finally confessed to me after 2 years of being best friends!"

"I wanna chat Him." I said as I was staring at my phone.

"Girl! I thought you already did, c'mon you chat now"

I quickly open my messenger as my friend spit words of encouragements that triggers my inner me.

Hi! how you doing?-

I hesitated for moment and faced my friend.

"Is it really okay to chat him first?"

"Hello, you've known each other ever since you were kids."

I sighed and hide my phone at my pocket.

"I think it's not right to chat him first, coz maybe he'll think that I'm into him."

"Duh, what are you, an actress in a movie series? That only exist in fiction books! and besides you are into him!"

"fine."

I get my phone again, chatted him and sent it right away.

"Now let's wait for the reply."

---

"I'll be checking your journals next Sunday okay? make sure to bring them."

I grasp as I saw Him walking towards our group, He's wearing a plain maroon shirt partnered with cream shorts. His 5'8 ft, kinda slim and pale.

Damn

"Hi Sis Rose."

He greeted my cell leader! I was sitting beside her btw.

"Hi Jae, you'll come w/ us later right?"

"Yes of course."

I deeply sighed as he walk out of the scene. I can't stand being near him.

"Wanna come w/ us?"

Oh, that's unexpected.

"Me? ah, I have to finish my homework and read in advance for lessons tomorrow."

"It won't take long honey."

Actually, I really want to, but I'm shy.

It's been a week since that day when I chatted him. Every-time we see each other it felt really awkward coz I can't look at him.

"Maybe next time."

I smiled and sis Rose didn't bother to pursue me on coming. I think I just can't today.