Chap 9: can't stop

Jimin runs a hand through his hair, his lungs filling with air before he exhales. He couldn't stop thinking about the argument, how unreasonable Jungkook was being. He'd never been so controlling before or aggressive. If Jimin didn't know any better he'd of sworn Jungkook was willing to go far as hit him. But Jimin hated he thought that.

Jungkook would never hurt him right? Wouldn't stoop that low. Wouldn't dare touch him in any way that wasn't consensual or out of love.

He shook his head, groaning out in frustration while he rubs his aching eyes. He'd been confined to his computer for hours, typing up what he had for his story. Yoongi has been a great help, offering him what he could on the open investigation. Jimin was grateful for that, usually cops weren't so forthcoming. He enjoyed working with the sherif, found him fun and carefree. He didn't exactly fit the role, wasn't stiff or dull nor did he come off arrogant.

Yoongi made him smile, almost made him forget about his fight with his so called loving husband.

Jimin clicks his neck, arching his back to loosen his tight muscles. He sighs in satisfaction when he hears the delicious sound of cracking bones. His ears perk up to the sound of his phone buzzing, he glances down frowning to see his husbands name blaring at him.

Jimin's fingers immediately hit the decline button, he's been ignoring his calls all day. Not quite ready to talk to him, still harping anger towards his so called husband.

"Aren't you going to answer that? It's been ringing all day." He's startled by the low voice of the sherif, making him jump slightly in his seat.

"It's no one important, it's fine." Jimin flips his phone over, blocking Jungkook out as much as he could.

Yoongi just nods, taking a seat beside him on the make shift desk he had set up for him. They share a polite smile, the silence not lingering long.

"How you going? The desk alright? Sorry I've been absent just a lot to do, this investigation is huge." Yoongi removes his oversized sheriff hat, laying it down on the table.

"No. No it's fine, I've got a lot done. You've given me so much, thank you." Jimin found his eyes trailing over his appearance, a man in uniform really was quite seducing.

"Great. Don't usually like the press but you're all right Jimin." Yoongi pats his back, the gentle gesture jumbling his insides.

Jimin felt pride in that, though it was a small compliment he felt flattered. Yoongi liked him and respected his work. Saw that he was useful, that he could hold his own unlike his husband could. Why couldn't Jungkook be this supportive, be like Yoongi and trust in him.

"You know I've never seen anything like this, these murders are something else. So violent, so personal in nature like the women they kill hold some kind of significance I haven't quite figured out yet." Yoongi expresses his own thoughts on the case, he'd been forming this theory on the killer.

Jimin swivels in his chair, giving him his full attention as he listened to his thoughts.

"What does that mean. Do you think the killer knew these women?" Jimin tilts his head cutely to the side, Yoongi loosens one button on his shirt.

"Not necessarily. The women could be strangers to them but just remind them of someone. I believe the killer is a man judging by the victims and the way they're killed though I can't completely rule out a women." He keeps on rampling on, Jimin contently listening.

Jimin goes to speak but suddenly the door to his little office bursts open. He snaps his head to find Jungkook storming in looking stark rage mad.