Chap 13: figure you out

Yoongi couldn't get to sleep last night, mind racing full of theories and suspicions. One in particular sparking paranoia and an urge to hunt down everything he could.

"Jones? Could you do me a favour and see what you can find on a man named Jungkook." Yoongi comes strolling towards their tech analyst, placing his sheriff's hat down on the free space on his desk.

The man known as Jones flickers his gaze up from his computer, pushing his glasses up he stares at his superior officer.

"I don't see why not, do you have a last name for this man?" Jones used to question when Yoongi would ask him to do something that wasn't technically on the books but he was the sheriff so ultimately he could do whatever he wanted.

"Yeah, I believe his last name is Jeon. He's married to Jeon Jimin." Yoongi picks up his hat, placing it on his head he leans down.

"Can you make sure to keep this between us? Only tell me what you find okay?" Jones automatically nods, smiling and replying of course like always.

"Good man." Yoongi pats him rather harshly on the back, jolting the slim man from the force.

Yoongi expected they probably wouldn't find anything on the man but he couldn't shake this feeling Jungkook was different. The moment he stepped into the precinct he alluded this dominating almost aggressive hue. He seemed rash, blunt and if he wasn't wrong a little demanding.

The way he stormed in acting as if he owned the place, barking orders at Jimin like he was a disobedient pet who wasn't listening. Letting Jimin leave with the man didn't sit well with him nor knowing there was a young child involved as well. He barley talked to the man but from his experience and knowing the nature of abusers Jungkook ticked every box.

And he suspected he was hiding something or more so Jimin was protecting him. Yoongi using his detective instincts deduced Jimin was being abused by Jungkook but was protecting him out of fear or sake for their child he wasn't sure.

All he gathered certainly was that Jungkook must be a violent man or at least have a bad temper with the way he acted last night. And Yoongi intended on finding out exactly what that man was hiding.

☠️

Machines peeped in the background, a steady rhythm and beat echoing through the sanitised room. Doctors and nurses in scrubs, blue gloves and protective masks.

Jungkook's fingertips flicked against the thin glass, tapping the syringe, letting a small drop of liquid squirt out before plunging the tip of the needle into the wire connected to the women's body. Jungkook presses down upon the end, inserting the liquid it held into the woman's forearm. He counts down, starting from ten then only making it to eight before she's drifting off to a blissful, drugged out sleep.

"Alright she's out, let the surgery begin. Keep an eye on her vitals doctor Jeon." He gives a peachy thumbs up, mask over his mouth sitting on his chair watching the patients vitals.

This was Jungkook's life, one of injecting needles into patients and checking their vitals to insure they stayed stable. To him it seemed pointless, in his view he'd much rather insert the sharp end of the pricking needle into their throats. Slicing their carotid artery, admiring as they bled out, helpless to their own demise.

Sometimes he would fantasied he really did it, injected to much sedative, overdosed them or stabbed them with the sharp edge of one of the medical scalpels that sliced through skin like it was a thin piece of paper.

It had to be one of the best medical inventions, those scalpels could cut through anything with precision and steadiness. He's stolen a few in his time, used them on some of his victims to see how clean they could really cut or how deep.