Elf Week: Malborn x Reader [Day Two]

Monday - Wood Elf - Valenwood

I was in Solitude, sighing in aggravation. I was sick of Delphine. I was sick of her ordering me around. I was sick of her basically using me just because I'm the Dragonborn. I sighed once more, then sat at a table with Malborn.

"Our mutual friend sent me." I muttered. Malborn smiled.

"Nice to see you, Y/n. So, the plan is-" I groaned and hit my head on the table. Malborn looked at me.

"I know...I'm sick of the Thalmor, too." I growled.

"IT IS NOT ABOUT THE THALMOR AND THEY'RE NOT CAUSING DRAGONS TO BE REBORN AGAIN! ONDOLEMAR WOULD SAY SO BECAUSE I'M HIS FR-" Malborn covered my mouth.

"Please, keep it down. I get that you feel like this... but, please, you just have to go to a party and search for any information about the Thalmor causing the dragons to be reborn." Malborn made a very..uncomfortable..face. I was glaring at him.

"YoU jUsT hAvE tO- Yeah, yeah, that's easy. Sure, why not? I might as well just stay for the drinks and enjoy myself while I'm at it!" I snapped. Malborn grabbed my hand.

"Please. This will be the last mission. For your best friend?" 

Malborn smiled.

"You're not my best friend, but UGH,....I guess." I grumbled. Malborn grinned at me. 

"Great! Now, you just have to give me all the stuff you absolutely can't live without." 

I handed him some of my extra armor, some swords, bows, and arrows.

"That's all?" He asked. 

"I guess." Malborn smiled and gave me a quick hug.

"Be safe." 

I smiled a bit.

~

"Okay, Delphine. I'm ready..." She threw some party clothes at me and I went to the shadows to get dressed.

"That will do. Good luck..and be safe." I rolled my eyes.

"Yeah, not like I can back out now, thank you very much." I went on to the carriage, sighing and taking a few power naps while on the way.

~

I made it to the place, my legs shaking from nervousness and the long trip.

"Hello, welcome to the party. Your invitation, please?" A Thalmor wizard asked. I smiled and gave him the invitation.

"Thank you, you may enter."

"Thank you."

I entered and saw a beautiful High Elf Thalmor approach me.

"Hello, I am Elenwen. I am the Thalmor Ambassador. You are?" She said. I felt myself sweat slightly.

"I am Y/n. It's a pleasure to meet you."

"Ah, yes! I remember your name on the guest list. Please, tell me about yourself. What brings you to this...to Skyrim?" I cleared my throat, getting awfully anxious. I eyed Malborn, trying to tell him that I was getting a little too nervous...to the point of exposing myself. Malborn saw, thankfully.

"Madame Ambassador, I'm so sorry to interrupt..." He said.

"What is it, Malborn?" Elenwen replied, turning to the Wood Elf.

"It's just that we've run out of the Alto wine. Do I have your permission to uncork the Arenthia red?" 

"Of course. I told you to not bother me with such trifles."

"My apologies, madame Ambassador." 

Elenwen turned back to me with a sigh.

"My apologies. We'll have to get better acquainted later. Please, enjoy yourself." I smiled.

"Thank you." 

I went to Malborn and groaned in stress. Malborn smiled reassuringly. He inhaled softly, then closed his eyes and exhaled.

"Just relax...you're doing great." 

I smiled at him and sighed like he did. He grabbed my hands, rubbing his thumb over mine. I felt my face heat up.

"Thank you, Malborn. I needed that." I saw he gave me a really sweet smile, his cheeks tinted red.

"Of course. Now, go and find a way to..do all this." I smiled and nodded, moving away. I grabbed a bottle of wine before getting away. I knew one of the guys here, and he always wants wine. So, I gladly gave him it, and he said he'd do anything in return, and that led to a distraction.

"Quickly, let's go." Malborn told me while I returned to him. I went in through the door, having it shut behind me. Malborn chuckled in relief.

"I can't believe that worked." He said. I smiled. 

"Y-Yeah, me too." He grabbed my hand, pulling me close to him in a hug.

"Your things are in a chest just in the other room. I'll do the talking, okay?" I blushed, "yeah, okay." We pulled away from the hug, then went to the kitchen.

"Malborn? You know I don't like new scents in my kitchen."

"Sorry, a guest here just felt a little ill, so I brought her in for some alone time."

"A guest?! Malborn! You know that's not allowed." Malborn laughed.

"And you should know eating Moonsugar isn't allowed, either." I just stared at the floor in discomfort. The khajiit scoffed and said, "Fine, go. Leave me alone." I chuckled nervously.

"Don't worry about her. She won't get us in trouble." I smiled.

"Good."

We walked into a small room with a chest and a few areas for storing things.

"Your things are just in that chest. Listen, can I tell you something?" He told me. I looked at him.

"Of course, what is it?" I replied to Malborn. He once again grabbed my hands, intertwining our fingers. He pulled me close to him, nearly chest to chest.

"I just want you to be safe. It'd hurt me if I knew you got hurt." I blushed at this. He pressed his lips to mine quickly, then looked away, embarrassed. I sweetly smiled, my heart going all fluttery on me.

"Aw, Malborn..." I said. I hugged him tightly, resting my head where his heart is. He seemed surprised by the action. He hugged me back, nuzzling his face into the crook of my neck.

"Promise me. You'll be safe." I giggled and pecked his lips.

"I promise, Malborn. I promise."

"Good. That's all I needed to hear. Hey, um, I need to lock the door behind you so the guards don't get suspicious. Okay?" I nodded and grabbed my stuff and headed out.

And guess what?

I made a promise, and kept it. <3

WOOOO DAY TWO DONEEEE <3

Stay tuned for day three~!

986 words