The first day of school

*The image shows Helena's school uniform*

Monday morning came and that meant time for Helena to start school, she was going to one of the most prestigious private schools in New York, this meant she had to wear uniform – and she was not happy about it. It consisted of a plaid pinafore and white shirt – Neal thought it was adorable. Helena was laying in bed thinking about the horrid uniform when Neal knocked on the door, "Helena it's time to get up for school" he said as he came in to sit on the bed. "ughhhhhh" she groaned, suddenly school was the least of her worries when she felt the need for the restroom quite visibly, "Bathroom H, now." Ordered Neal. Helena jumped up and started to make her way to the bathroom but lost her footing and tripped, as she fell she felt her bladder release into the pull up. She frowned and felt the tears welling behind her eyes. "Hey hey don't cry H, it's okay it's not your fault" Neal chided as he picked her up and hugged her. "But Neal I woke up dry!" the child cried out, "That's really good Helena – I will write that on your chart ok?" "now let's get you out of that wet pull up" Neal added, he then proceeded to clean her up and within 30 minutes Helena Caffrey was ready to go to school.

They pulled up outside the school and Helena was clinging tightly to Neal in the car, "Please don't make me go in Neal, school is boring."

"You will love it H, don't worry I can stay with you for a bit – I have to come in to sign some papers ok?". The two caffreys got out the car and Helena immediately latched onto Neal's hand tightly, they walked through the school yard and Helena felt anxious with all the eyes on her as the new girl – and also at her handsome big brother! Upon entering the reception building they were greeted by the principal and three students. "Hello Mr Caffrey and Miss Caffrey, my name is Mr Thornby and I am the principal here, this is Elcee, Noah and Theo, they are here to show you around today." Mr Thornby looked very friendly, he was slender but had rosy red cheeks. Elcee had flaming red hair and grass green eyes, Noah had dark brown hair much like Helena's – but his orbs were green; Theo had sandy blond hair and deep brown eyes – these kids looked friendly and made Helena feel much more confident.

"Hello Mr Thornby" said Neal as he shook his hand, then he smiled at the three children. "Hello" squeaked Helena quietly. "Helena would you like to follow Elcee, Noah and Theo whilst I sort out the boring paperwork with your brother?" Helena said nothing in response and simply turned to hide her face in Neal's chest, he smelt of safety. Neal crouched down to face Helena and held her hand, "I know you're scared H, but can you be brave for me? You're my beautiful, clever and amazing baby sister and I know you will love it here – you just have to be brave little one." Then Neal put her tightly into a hug and whispered "I love you Monkey." "I love you too Neal" she replied. Elcee stepped forward and grabbed Helena's hand, "Come on Helena follow me" she said with a bright smile, she began to lead Helena down the corridor with Noah and Theo in tow.

By lunchtime Helena felt at ease, she really liked her new friends and it turns out she popular with her peers, "So Helena do you want to come to mine for a sleepover on Friday night?" Helena faked a smile and said "I would love to but I will have to check with my brother." "No problem" replied Elcee brightly.

The last class of the day was P.E, they were playing football (soccer) and Helena was good – really good. Noah and Theo watched in awe as she scored goal after goal and thrashed everyone! The P.E teacher Mr Webb thought that he must speak to Helena's parents about her talent – she could go all the way!

After P.E Helena walked to the front gates with her new friends to be picked up by Neal, she spotted him and said goodbye to her new friends. "Neal!" she said as she ran to him and he picked her up, "How was your first day little one?" Helena then chatted away about her day for 15 minuities before Neal strapped his sister into the car and decided they had better go home. He smiled to himself when she said about football, boy he couldn't wait for her class to find out how talented she was at art!

The evening saw Helena sat at the dinner table doing her homework while Neal worked on a case, Helena had drunk a lot of juice and was squirming in her seat, Neal spotted it at once but was keen to encourage Helena to recognise her needs without his help so didn't comment. Half an hour later Helena recognised she was quite desperate and began to walk to the bathroom, but when she stood she lost a little and a small wet patch appeared on her skirt, she dashed to the bathroom and then returned to the kitchen. "Neal, I um wet my pants a little."

"Oh Helena come here" said Neal, he lead his sister to the bedroom for a change of clothes, "It will be bedtime soon H do you want to just put on a pull up now so you don't have to change later?" Helena frowned, "I'm don't want to put on the nappy now" she said with a cracked voice, Neal knew she must be really upset to call the pull up a nappy – she hated the word nappy. "It's up to you Helena but then you can watch a movie without worrying about falling asleep?" Helena sighed and sat down on her bed so her brother could change her. Neal went to the dresser drawer and pulled out a pull up from the pack branded 'drynites', he slid off Helena's wet skirt and panties and held open the pull up for her to step into. Damn she looked so adorable stood there in just a nappy, she had always been small for her age but she looked about 7! Neal dressed her in pyjamas then carried his sister to the sofa and switched on a movie, she nestled in his lap and of course fell asleep before the movie ended. Neal smiled and stoked his sister's hair, it was nice to see her calm and happy.