Epilogue

2 Years Later

"Draco Lucius Malfoy, hurry up!" Narcissa Malfoy tapped one of her silver heels. "Honestly, do you want to be late to your own wedding?"

"Coming, Mother." Draco joined her in the hall of the Manor, looping his tie. "Don't worry, we have plenty of time."

Narcissa sniffed, walking up to her son and fixing his tie herself. "Well, I've been waiting a long time for this day . . ."

Draco grinned as he rolled his eyes.

"You look so handsome, Draco." Her stern exterior softened as she evaluated him. "And happy . . . she makes you so happy."

"Yes, she does." For once, he agreed with his mother.

"Just admit it, Draco." Narcissa smiled smugly.

"Admit what?"

"That I was right."

He laughed. "You were right, Mother."

***

"Hold still." A very pregnant Ginny waddled up to Hermione and misted her curls with a vanilla-scented spray.

"Perfect," she said, stepping back to evaluate her handiwork.

Hermione looked at her reflection in the mirror, pleased at what she saw. Her full curls were partially pulled back from her face, the rest flowing freely around her shoulders. Ginny had artistically done her makeup to make her cheeks appear naturally flushed and her eyes even more bright.

But the main thing Hermione noticed when she stared at her reflection was the way she couldn't stop smiling. The look wasn't new to her. In fact, she'd been that way ever since Draco had come to her flat that evening to return her books.

Ginny sighed. "You have no idea how long I've waited for this day." She grinned wickedly. "Harry finally has to pay up on the bet we made."

"'What bet?"

"I bet him that you and Malfoy would be married within five years the day you told us about your scandalous antics in Azkaban."

"What?!"

"Steven and I made a bet about it too," Luna said, adding a white gardenia to Hermione's curls. "On our first date. Although, we both bet the same thing."

"Luna, that's not how a bet works," Ginny reproved her.

"Doesn't matter . . . we both won."

"You guys are terrible." Hermione crossed her arms. "I should uninvite you from the wedding."

"Hey!" Ginny put her hands on her hips. "Don't you remember how supportive we were when you and Draco started dating?"

"That's true," Hermione admitted with a smile.

When Draco and Hermione had gone on their very first date, the evening after they'd both confessed their feelings, personal and public opinion had been mixed.

Ginny had been overjoyed, while Harry had been hesitantly accepting. On Ginny and Hermione's insistence that he give Draco a chance, Harry had formed a real friendship with Draco over time.

Ron had been angry, but he'd calmed down eventually, even warming up to Draco enough to allow him to play during the weekly Weasley Quidditch games.

Ron and Draco's bond was solidified when they'd been out with Harry one evening and had a run-in with Cormac McLaggen. McLaggen had tried antagonizing Draco into hexing him, no doubt so Draco's parole would be revoked. Ron and Harry had landed the hexes instead, while Draco managed a swift punch, giving McLaggen a black eye. Ron had great fun recounting the story the rest of the week to anyone who would listen.