He who remains

The alarm rang; the prelude to the apocalypse. Footsteps ran through the empty streets while carrying a bleeding boy.
???: "KEEGAN?!? Whats going on?!"
Keegan: "Don't worry about that, Y/N."
Y/N: "P-promise me everything will be fine..."
You said between tears.
Keegan: "Dont worry son, everything will be over soon."
Both of them soon reached their house but right when they were about to get inside a shot was heard so you closed your eyes tight due to the fright.
When you opened them again you saw Keegan, your father, collapsing on the ground while hugging you tight.
The responsible of the shot came up to you and aimed his gun at you.
Y/N: "N-no p-please."
Suddenly another shot rang through the air and the soldier collapsed on the floor, lifeless.
You looked back to see your mother with a hunting rifle.
Your father recovered from the shock and went to hug her, your mother in shock from the sin she just committed.
Keegan: "Honey! Are you alright?!?"
Veronica: "Y-yes im fine, now come on, we gotta get to the bunker!"
You went to your backyard where your nuclear bunker was located when the loudest explosion you have ever heard sounded.
You ducked and when you looked up again you saw that the sky was burning.
???: "....n.........."
???: "Y.....N..........."
Keegan: "Y/N!!"
You snapped out of your trance and turned to look at your father.
Keegan: "TO THE BUNKER, NOW!!!!!"
You hurried to the entrance that lead down inside the bunker.
Your father opened the door to the entrance and shoved you inside, then he closed the door right behind you.
You noticed this and tried to go back with your father but the door wouldn't budge.
Then you heard your father through the intercom.
Keegan: "SON, LISTEN TO ME I CANT GO INSIDE WITH THERE IS ONLY PLACE FOR ONE INSIDE THE CRYO CHAMBER!"
Y/N: "NOO I WANT TO STAY WITH YOU!!!"
Veronica: "WE LOVE YOU HONEY THATS WHY WE ARE DOING THIS!!"
Keegan: "WE LOVE YOU AND WE ALWAYS WILL NO MATTER WHAT!!"
Y/N: "NO, NO, NOOOOOOOOO!!!"
A tear fell down their cheeks as they looked at you one last time and smiled before they were consumed by the shockwave and then the nuclear fire.
The shockwave pushed you downwards into the bunker making you hit the floor hard making your leg bleeding worse.
Y/N: "AAAGH MOTHERFUCKER!!"
You yelled between tears.
Y/N: "FUUUUUUUCK!!
Y/N: "NOOOOOOOO!!!"

You kept hearing explosions and feeling the ground shake beneath you.
Once you got ahold of yourself you opened the cryostasis pod and programmed it just like your father told you.
You programmed it to open within 4000 years.
You took a picture of your family and bandaged your leg the best you could.
You took a deep breath in and once you felt ready you entered the cryostasis pod and stepped inside.
Soon the doors closed and the cold began to consume you as you drifted off to sleep while staring at your family's picture one last time...