Part 1

Finally....it was time. Cool and crisp October air greeted the blonde sneak-away, who had been in captivity of the harsh military for the past month. Ever since that day....the day that the curse made him it's one victim. Yes, he was the only one to inherit it, and lucky for him because that made him a loner. He didn't have to follow any rules or laws other than his own. His golden eyes flared at sight of the bright full moon and his breath was visible in the night. "Alphonse.." He murmurs, clenching his fanged teeth. He hadn't been able to see his younger brother at all while in captivity- the soldiers said it was 'too dangerous'. Well, that's why Ed was sneaking out. He had to see his brother /at least once/ before execution. After all, the military found it unreasonable to keep a werewolf in custody. Shaking his head, the blonde runs in direction of Alphonse's scent; which was fresh in the air. He must've been close. The moon, however, had different plans for Ed. He started to transform as he was supposed to- pointed ears, long nose, fangs, tail, claws and all, until he was in full out wolf form. Lashing his tail impatiently, Ed scans the area for the slightest glimpse of Al. To his surprise and delight, there he stood. Right there, not twenty feet away, staring back at him with those god awful gorgeous hazel eyes. "Alphonse.." Ed breathlessly whispers, eyes widening in joy. The younger brother takes an uncertain step foreword. "...B-brother? Is that really you?" When Ed nods, Al crashes into him with a tight and quite suffocating hug. "I..I thought the military wasn't going to let you out! Did they change their mind?" "Not exactly.." Ed replies, chuckling nervously. "I snuck out. I had to see you....Al, I don't have much time left." The younger's eyes widen slightly and his breath becomes shaky, full of fear. "..w-what do you mean brother?" Ed starts to speak, but is interrupted by his body changing. It was going back to human form...but why? They both look up as the world around them is slowly engulfed in darkness. A lunar eclipse. That's what it was. The now normal looking teenage werewolf turns his gaze back to his brother. "The eclipse.." Ed chuckles. "...it symbolizes the downfall or death of someone...particularly a good ruler. Now, you know I'm not into this superstitious crap...but you think I'm a good leader right?" Al was left speechless. Tears were collecting in his eyes and threatened to spill. "Brother I-" Ed interrupts him. "I love you, Alphonse. That's all I wanted to sa-" A gunshot. A loud one, too. Blood splatters Al's shirt as Ed falls over, pierced by a silver bullet. That causes the younger to yell and crouch over, taking his bleeding older and cradling him. "Brother..Ed...No!" He looks up to see his older brother's executer. Behind the trigger was a dull eyed, clench-teethed, and rueful looking colonel. "...Colonel..?! H-how could you?! He was your subordinate! A-and my brother!!" Tears were streaming down Alphonse's crumbling face and falling onto his brother's bleeding body. "Al..." Ed whispers, smiling a bit. "..it's alright. I would've ended up hurting you with this body anyway. Just....remember th-that.." He chokes, closing his eyes. "..I love you. Each time you see an eclipse, remember me...because I'll always remember you.." His body heaves one last time, and the life drains from him. Colonel Roy Mustang, executer of the werewolf Edward Elric. Oh no, not in Alphonse's eyes. Colonel Roy Mustang, /murderer/ of the /loved older brother Edward Elric/. As Roy turned away, leaving Alphonse to sob into his brother's lifeless chest, the eclipse passed and the world was once again lit by the bright embrace of a full moon.