Chapter 1: "I will.. get my Trophy"

He knew something was going to happen. Skekmal was, as usual waiting, preparing to hunt for his next meal in the Dark Woods. Hiding behind trees he's polishing and sharpening his favorite blade, so sharp he'll only have to use one of his reptilian fingers to slice through a nice young gelfling, his favorite. His senses are heightened, eyes barely holding the same spot for a second, always darting. Even the smallest of sounds grabs his attention, back on his feet. Meal or just for sports, hunting is what he lives for. He calls them his trophies, some of his trophies' skull dangling on his belt, as decoration but also a warning. "Do not mock me".

Then it hit him.. the smell.. "Gelfling.." he grunted to himself, a female one. Putting his blade away he sprinted through the Dark Woods, swinging from tree to tree, jump from branch to branch till the caravan was in his sight. Multiple paladin's on landstriders in front of and behind the caravan. A Maudra, even better than a guard or any other gelfling. How dare they come onto his territory, the one thing he ever claimed as his, and these filthy Gelfling dared to travel through it. They'll regret it. What to do first ? Attack the landstriders, strike a paladin from distance? Or just go for the big prize; take the Maudra.

He smirks to himself and prepares to jump on the caravan, only a bit closer and he can rip through the roof and claim his trophy.

With a loud thud Skekmal lands on the roof, causing the whole caravan to shake. The landstriders behind start shrieking and the caravan comes to a halt 'What is that?!' One of the paladin yells, terrified with fear. At that moment claws rip through the roof like it's nothing, growls and grunts around them, trying to capture their Maudra! A few of Emerald's paladin start attacking Skekmal while atop their landstriders. Throwing their bola, shooting arrows, some even climb on top of the caravan trying to stab him. A small sting in his shoulder causes Skekmal to turn around where an arrow hit him. The few seconds of distraction cause Skekmal to be pushed off the caravan. With a loud bang he falls to the ground, watching the caravan take off at full speed going towards the castle. "I will.. get my trophy"