Chapter 3: Ten, the Stonewood gelfling

Never in a million trine Kylan would have thought to befriend a Stonewood gelfling. Nonetheless a warrior, an archer, a Maudra to be! It's been a few days since he arrived at Stone-in-the-wood and he hasn't been thinking of travelling further, yet. His new friend is practicing her archery, shooting bullseye after bullseye. Kylan's mind wanders, how would it be with Ten joining him on his journey? He'll feel a lot safer that's for sure. He studies her face which is full of determination, motivation, emotion.

That face of determination, motivation and emotion has been through a lot. A few trine ago she lost her parents to a strange, massive creature lurking in the Dark Woods. The determination to find and kill the creature, the motivation to avenge her parents, and the emotions the memories of them brings. Ever since that terrible day she has been practicing her archery daily, mostly alone, sometimes with Rian who in his turn was practicing with his sword. Rian.. her best friend since childhood who was serving as a guard in the Castle of the Crystal now. She misses him, more than she will ever admit, especially to Rian himself, cheeky guy.

"How about tomorrow you teach me how to play that" Ten says to Kylan, pointing to the Y shaped object hanging around his neck. "You want to learn how to play the Firca?" Kylan asks, surprised. Ten nods and traces her fingers along the delicate material of the firca. "I've heard you play it earlier Kylan, the sounds of it are so beautiful" and she starts humming the tune Kylan was playing earlier.

The Spriton boy smiles while looking shyly to his feet. "Thank you.. I've learned it from my Maudra actually" this is what Kylan does, giving credit to others instead of giving himself credit. If only he knew how talented and special he was Ten thought to herself.

Ten and Kylan spend the day together till the last brother sets, and the three sister make their appearances. Ten taught Kylan about archery, how to never miss your target, which eye to look with, even how to make arrows out of twigs. She asked Kylan to teach her how to play the firca. She came to realise how much she likes the music coming from the small, but powerful instrument. They only met a few days ago, but they both already know they can rely on eachother, trust eachother. Who ever thought a Spriton and a Stonewood would become friends? Little does Ten know that she will join Kylan on his travels, face danger, being put to the test, find love, and so much more..