Chapter 5: Reunited

By the sound of her name she looks up, not expecting to see who was standing there. "Rian?.." she replies, confused. She slowly stands up and walks towards her best friend. When she walks closer to Rian she sees the stress and pain on his face, all Ten wants to do now is hug him and never let go. "They killed her.. not me! Please.. let me show you" Rian starts as he holds out his hand for Ten.

What he showed her, she wouldn't have ever imagined the Skeksis do. The dreamfast showed how Rian went after Mira when she went into the catacombs. How the Skeksis introduced her in a sickening way as their 'special guest'. What the dreamfast showed Ten next brought tears to her eyes. The crystal of truth, with a dark purple color, taking her life essence. She saw how one of the Skeksis jabbed something into Mira's back, storing her essence.. How she looks at Rian one last time till she just.. vanishes. Shocked, scared and in tears Ten pulls her hand back from Rian and looks into his eyes. She sees the pain and sadness, and reaches out to him. She wraps her arms around him and pulls him close to her. "I'm so sorry Rian.." is all Ten can say. "I'm an outcast.. No one will ever believe me" and he rests his head on her shoulder. "We will deliver your message Rian" she tries to comfort him. It will be an unbelievably hard, if not impossible task. The Skeksis are the lords of the Crystal, they were supposed to keep the Gelfling safe. "They also took Gurjin!" Rian continues. "We'll get him back, and alive Rian!" Ten promises, sounding determined.

Kylan, still sitting by the fire overheard their conversation. Hearing Gurjin's name and that the Skeksis captured him is something he has to tell his friend Naia right away. Naia is Gurjin's twin sister and worried sick about him. "Ehm.. E-excuse me, but I must leave." Kylan says, interrupting the other two. He says his goodbyes to Ten and Rian and walks off. He must find Naia, as soon as possible!

To be continued...