Let's Talk

We stand staring at each other for a few minutes. They studied me as I waited for them to speak. Bruce seemed to be contemplating what to say, while Thor was just looking at me, studying me, taking in every detail he could about me.

"We've looked for you, for years, ever sense we met actually," Bruce says keeping his voice quiet.

I stay quiet, not making a sound. For years there has been this feeling, not always but every once in a while, that someone was watching me or trying to see me. When that feeling starts I try to block my self or shroud myself from view using my abilities. I guess that must have somehow been them.

"We tried everything from traveling around the world to using an all seeing gatekeeper on asguard," He continues.

" Tis' true, my lady, " Thor says in his accent, " we have done many things to find you, so why when we finally do, you run? "

I sigh looking down, knowing that I'll have to come clean eventually, "People define me as a freak of nature, they say I shouldn't have been born,"

" Why would somebody say that to such a beautiful lady? " Thor asks his voice quieter than it was before.

"I can't tell you, I've hid it for so long that I can't, I won't risk you thinking the same," I respond refusing to meet their eyes.

" Its okay you can tell us when your ready, whenever that is, just don't run away we need you in our lives, " Bruce says moving forward slightly.

Looking up at the clock I see what time it is, " You should go, the bell will ring soon and you probably don't want to be here after that, "

Thor in an almost normal voice level asks, "When we meet again will you stay?"

Looking up at him, my eyes meet his and I resist the urge to get lost in them, "We'll see won't we,"

With that I turn around and wait for them to leave. They seem to hesitate before heading back out the door. Sighing, I look down, I could have just ruined my one chance at true love.