Don't say his name.

CHAPTER FOUR
🌙

Father and mother didn't attempt to comfort me anymore, but Derek simply did not understand to stay out of the mess of emotions

Father and mother didn't attempt to comfort me anymore, but Derek simply did not understand to stay out of the mess of emotions. For the past twenty-four hours, he has made every one of us insane, battering us with question after question, yet after being refused answers for so long, he should have known none of us would speak on this issue. I was forbidden from leaving home, no school, or even walking around the grounds.

I started to feel suffocated in isolation, driving my already raging and wild emotions even more insane.

Mother had told me they were hunting for the man I had been bound to. Father simply did not speak to me, as he screamed into the phone every time I saw him. The workers of our home wouldn't acknowledge I was even in the room, walking past me as if I was a ghost that had made itself invisible. So I took a soloist in my room, either reading or listening to music. At that moment, I sat drawing in a sketchbook, waiting for anything exciting to happen. Shivers ran down my spine, physically making me shake to my core. Almost taking my breath.

"Are you enjoying yourself, My Kitten?"

I froze in terror. It was that voice... The same one from last night as I fell asleep, but how? And who was it? No doubt it was who I was marked with but what was his name? How old was he? Where was he? Questions plagued my mind, yet I knew I should not be so curious I couldn't help myself.

" How are you in my mind? You're insane, dude."

I was tired, tired of everything at this point. I was scared, nervous, and overwhelmed but more than anything, I was exhausted. I shook my head, beginning to work back on my drawing.

I waited and waited till it felt like I had imagined it. This Knight couldn't be actually speaking to me threw my mind. I was a royal, heavily guarded by not only my own strength but by some of the strongest witches to exist in our world. No one even realized outside of the palace how strong our high coven was!

" Ohh silly Kitten, your witches are powerless at this point. I'm coming for you, don't forget that."

Powerless? Are our Witches powerless? That's impossible. This man thought he was more powerful than the grand coven? I wanted to scoff at him, but emotions other than anger were overtaking my senses. Fear, Curiosity, and something else I couldn't put my finger on. My mind was racing as I watched this man. He was outside in the rain, standing with his back to me, a very lean but defined and tensed back, his brown locks reaching his shoulders in different lengths; wet and wild looking but also very grateful.

He was soaked just standing there. I could hear the rain on my roof and, in this vision, just pouring from the sky. Was he ever going to tell me his name? I hadn't seen him on the news before, so placing him was extremely difficult in my already fried brain. Where was he? What was his name?