Chapter 2: A Miracle

AUTHORS NOTE: Hey Wattpadpeeps<3. What's up? Thanks to everyone who read, voted, and commented last chapter! We are really excited to be writing this story. You can count on us updating once/twice a week! Oh and ONE THING. Before you read this chapter! You may wanna re-read last chapter real quick to get a few details. Just keep in mind that Skylar wrote her number on the man's hand when he was quickly leaving the shop so he could pay later. :) Thanks! :******

CHAPTER 2: A Miracle

I was stunned by the mysterious beam coming from the sky. I could see dark figures through some sort of portal, and they were heading into the city.
All of a sudden, a large mob of people came running down the street in front of the shop. Confused, I shouted to an old man running.
“What’s going on?!” I asked.
“Chaos....RUN!” He sped off quickly with the other fleeing people.
I was curious, and walked a few feet down the street. To my surprise, I saw a man with blue tights and a red, white, and blue shield. I recognized the shield ; I saw a picture of it on a shirt a couple of times. He seemed to be fighting off one of the dark warriors, flinging them away with his massive, hard shield.
I hurried down another block, and saw another unusual man. He had long, blonde hair, and a bright red cape. He used his odd-looking hammer to fight off some more dark warriors.
As I continued to scavenge the city, I saw more and more of the dark warriors. At one point, this towering large, lion-like plane slithered through the sky, and down the streets. I saw a familiar man hovering around it: Tony Stark aka Iron Man. Wow. I can’t believe I just saw Iron Man for real.
I saw multiple officers around shooting the dark warriors off, some with guns and one on top of a building with arrows.
As I approached another block, I saw another mob heading in my direction, followed by multiple warriors, shooting lasers at the civilians. Terrified, I ran for my life with the mob. After running for about a minute, I lost my balance and tripped. The mob ran ahead and didn’t bother stopping to help me up. A dark warrior approached me, and raised a weapon to my head, when all of a sudden...
A miracle happened.
The dark warrior was miraculously flung back by something out of my sight. But before I could look at my savior, another warrior came from behind me and violently hit my head. I fell down again, and started to feel dizzy. I used my fading strength to lift my head and see what was going on. And then I saw it.
A behemoth green creature jumped down from one of the buildings and strangled the warrior down. I attempted to quickly stand up, and in the process, I could hear the green creature attacking the warrior that had just hit my head.
I was starting to fall unconscious. My weak and shaky arms barely braced my fall onto the hard concrete. The world around me was getting dark. As my eyes closed, the green creature gazed at me with a familiar pair of eyes. As he moved his massive hands to rub my head, I saw blue ink on his hand. A faded phone number.
I had no time to think; I fell into a deep sleep.