Chapter 4: A New Home

Skylar's POV

The next morning I woke up, still a little drowsy from the days before. I sat up and rubbed my eyes. On the right, Bruce was sitting in a chair, sound asleep and quietly snoring. Bruce? What was he doing in here?

When I finally gathered the energy to stand up, I went over to the bathroom. I looked in the mirror and saw a massive bruise my head. I lightly tapped it, and it burned painfully. Back in the room, I heard Bruce whimpering in his sleep. I left the bathroom and walked over to him. He looked like he was having a nightmare.

"Bruce....?" I whispered. I tapped his shoulder.

His eyes immediately opened. He was panting hard, and sweating frantically.

"Sky...sky...Skylar...?" he managed to say.

"Yeah, Bruce. It's me."

He stood up from the chair, and rubbed my forehead.

"You definitely made a recovery, Skylar."

"Oh...Well...Um...I'm sorry I spent so long here. I really should be getting home now."

He sighed, and looked down.

"I guess so....Uh, where do you live?"

"I live on San Bruno Street...Could you take me there?"

Bruce pondered for a minute and gave me the worst possible news I could've ever wanted to hear.

“I’m sorry, Skylar, but all the buildings on San Bruno street were destroyed during the fight earlier.”

I was heartbroken. All my things...Everything I worked so hard to buy was destroyed. I didn’t know how I was going to manage without my own apartment.

“Bruce...What do I do? I’m hopeless.”

I collapsed in the chair Bruce was sleeping in earlier and shed some tears. Bruce frowned and walked over.

“I’m sure there’s a way to fix this, Skylar. In fact, I think I have an idea...JARVIS! Where is Tony?”

A robotic voice from a speaker boomed through the room and answered, “Dr. Banner, Mr. Stark is in his lab working on something. I don’t suggest you disturb him.”

“I have no choice right now,” answered Dr. Banner. He rushed out of the room, closing the door behind him.

I wiped away my tears and inspected the room. It was a clean, large room, with blank white sheets, a few plastic plants, and large machinery. How could a hospital even afford such an extravagant room? Then, I remembered the other day when I first woke up, and a few people, including Tony Stark, were hovering over me, making sure I was fine. I remember Tony Stark mentioning that I was in Stark Towers.

I left the hospital room, and I was in a long hallway with many doors. Just as I was about to explore, Bruce rushed down the hallway to me.

“Skylar! I have great news!” he exclaimed, panting uncontrollably.

“What? Where did you go?” I asked.

“I talked to Tony and he said you could stay in Stark Towers until you move into a new apartment!”

My jaw dropped. “Thank you so much, Bruce!” I gave him a tight hug.

“Oh...uh...you’re welcome, Skylar,” he said.

At first he awkwardly and lightly hugged back as though he hadn’t hugged anyone in a while, but after a while, he was smiling and happy.

“Anyways,” he broke out of the hug and scratched his head, “I should, uh, get going now. Hope you enjoy the room. We’re probably going to have dinner soon so you should probably get ready for that. I’ll see you then, okay?”

I nodded, and waved. “Bye Bruce. Thank you. Thank you so much."

************************

Hey guys! Just wanted to thank you all for the votes, comments, and all of the support! You guys are the best! Keep reading, and we have some great new chapters coming up! Thanks again! Leave us a comment, anything would be great!