Prologue

Before we begin:

The text of this publication, or any part thereof, may not be reproduced in any manner whatsoever without the written permission from the Author. This story is protected by copyright laws, meaning any infringement is prosecutable by law.

Asher Michaels and Bree Summers, were my childhood best friends. Growing up it was always the 3 of us, everywhere we went we were together, everything we did it was done together, we were inseparable, if there was trouble we would find it together. We knew everything there was to know about each other, we knew each others secrets, fears, hopes and dreams, though I never would say it to Bree - I was definitely closer to Asher, I had known him my whole life - like actually my whole life -
Like I don't think I have any child hood memories that don't involve him - I loved him - but as you would already know there is an unwritten rule amongst friends and I knew Bree liked him - so technically he was off limits, but what friends don't have a few white lies and secrets from each other?

I was a twin, My older brother Ryder and his best friend Hunter Stilton ended up being the people who stood by me through everything, they were the typical popular guys in High School with a thousand friends and a list of wannabes as long as your arm, I'd always had a bit of a thing for Hunter but I don't think there were many girls in our year or even our school that didn't have a thing for Hunter at some stage - he was cute but for me - he was also my brothers best friend and I am almost certain he thought of me as nothing more than Ryders little sister so it had always remained nothing more than a little school girl crush.

But as I am sure you are already aware, this funny little thing called life has a habit of getting in the way and the things that didn't matter to you when you are 5,10 or 13 suddenly have a different meaning when you are 16,17 and 18 and no matter how many promises are made between friends or how solid you feel your friendship is these things will change you, high school changes you.

Sometimes even the best of friendships cannot outlast the rules and politics of high school - and there is no way back from it, all you can do is move forward, sometimes its the moving forward that hurts us more than the actually heartbreak of losing the people closest to you and sometimes its the moving forward that shows you how strong you actually are.

I never meant for people to get hurt, I never wanted to be the reason for someones life to be changed because of me, I would never say that anything that had led me to this point had been a mistake, because truthfully I could not imagine my life being any different. I was 17 years old when life dealt me a hand that brought me to make some difficult choices and not everyone will agree with the way I reacted, or the decisions I made - but everything I had done, every choice I made, even the choice to walk away from him was done out of love, I really did love him, I think a part of me always had, I think a part of me always will.