1

i was scrolling through facebook the first day i saw his face, john lennon.

as my best friend since we were little, george harrison got changed beside me.

things like that were normal for me and george, we were so comfortable in front of one another but the only thing we couldn't do was take off underwear, we used to be able to. then we turned nine and decided that a rule needed to be put in place.

it was a usual friday night in for me and george, we'd gotten home from school at 3:35 and ran up to my room to play music and chat about anything and everything, then george would stay the night.

"come play with my hair" i said to george.

"as you wish, your majesty" george chuckled, still obeying my order and playing with my hair.

"so, any girls you like?" i asked.

"well there's this one girl and i've liked her since the day we met" george said.

i wished it wouldn't be me because god that'd be awkward.
although for once it'd be nice for a boy to like me.

"name? age? will the parents be there?" i joked.

george laughed, "her name's jane and she's in our year so sixteen" he smiled.

oh.

"asher?" i asked.

"yeah, she's so pretty" george smiled.

"she's ginger" i said.

"i didn't mean to hurt your feelings, christ. what did she do to you?" george asked.

"nothing, just pointing it out" i replied.

"well, any boys you like?" george asked.

"nah" i shrugged.

i picked up my phone and returned to scrolling through facebook while george played with my hair and moved his head to the music, we were listening to 'slide away' by oasis.

"never mind" i smirked.

"what?" george asked.

"i do like someone" i chuckled.

"who?!" george exclaimed.

i shoved my phone in his face and he took a few seconds to adjust.

"god rory, you cant like john lennon!" he practically yelled.

"what? why? what's your problem with him?" i asked.

"he'll break you. he's not a nice lad" george said.

"he looks a nice fella" i shrugged.

"doesn't mean he is one. remember when we were five and we just met, you thought i was a tosser, look at me now! am i a tosser?" he asked, rhetorically.

"yes george, yes you are" i replied.

"yeah whatever, so if you're genuinely going to text this lad should i prepare the blankets, comedy movies, snacks and tissues now or when he replies?" george asked.

"sod off" i pushed him.

"ow" he faked being in pain.

"i hate you, harrison" i said.