9

"cynthia!" i exclaimed as my one girl pal of five years came into sight, we'd been separated for 6 months due to her moving to blackpool, though she moved back to liverpool just two nights ago.

"oh my goodness rory!" she returned my enthusiasm.

"you look beautiful!" i said.

"you look like a goddess wow rory! you clean up well" she laughed.

"let me introduce you to the boys!" i said.

"alright" she smiled.

"oh my god georgie!" she yelled, running into george's open arms.

before cynthia left my friendgroup consisted of me, george and cynthia but in the last six months we met ringo, paul and george.

after george and cynthia's little moment i introduced her to the others.

"well this here is paul" i pointed to paul.

"this here? acting like i'm an object, grant" paul laughed.

"sorry, it there is paul" i joked.

"yeah you're the one who cheated on jane asher" cynthia chuckled.

"how'd you-"

"rory's instagram comments are my source of entertainment these days" she laughed.

"they are entertaining aren't they" i chuckled.

"oh and this is richard or em ringo?" i chuckled, pointing to ringo who was sipping on his beer quite content.

"oh yes, hello 1940's man living in 2019" cynthia laughed.

it was good to see her so happy, she deserved it, to be happy.

"sorry i respect women and think it's nice to treat others formally" ringo shot me a look.

"sorry i hurt your feelings" cynthia was taken back.

"oh no sorry love! that was aimed at rory over there" he glared at me.

"you'll be kicked out any more of your cheek" i snarled.

"uh, fine. sorry" ringo said, going back to his beer.

"and cyn this is pattie" i pointed to pattie who was chatting with paul now.

"oh the blur fan?" cynthia asked.

"yeah, blur is shite" i scoffed.

"absolutely shit" cynthia agreed.

i nodded.

pattie looked up.

"you must be the lovely cynthia!" pattie exclaimed.

"and you must be the lovely blur fan!" cynthia joked.

"you prefer blur too?!" pattie asked.

"no" cynthia scoffed, "anyone who names their albums after the name of their band are arseholes. excusing the stone roses that is" cynthia said.

pattie scoffed "why am i even in this friend group, you're all still hung up on the britpop battle."

"because you are too pats, the only difference is you're on the wrong side" i said.

pattie scoffed once more, "well cynthia you're actually very pretty and i'm sure we'll get on fine if you don't talk about oasis all day fucking everyday like the others."

"don't worry love, i won't" cynthia chuckled.

"good" pattie smiled before embracing in a hug with cynthia.

"where is john?" i thought out loud.

"oh my god your boyfriend!" cynthia exclaimed.

"yes" i smiled.

"quite the heartthrob" cynthia said.

"he is so" i smiled.

then he came into sight, he seen cynthia.

he looked down at her and she looked up at him, the pair stared into each other's eyes like they were searching for something, or as if they'd found something..

"well cyn, this is john, john this is cyn. that's enough for tonight" i quickly finished that introduction.