Chapter 2 - Sweet Sweet Revenge

The vile, decrepit old man is finally in my grasp.  I can taste the sweet flavor of revenge on my lips. The Earth, my parents, and countless others will finally be avenged. The man who is responsible for it all, just on the other side of the glass.

I slide my fingers into the seam of the window, pulling it up. The window slides silently up, masking my presence.  I creep into the room, my feet hardly making a sound as I move toward Otto. He looked almost peaceful like he was able to sleep perfectly fine knowing he was responsible for the death of the world.

Drawing my pistol from my side, I crept upon Otto, like a tiger stalking its prey. I primed the pistol, sticking it directly against Otto's forehead. The old villain opened his eyes. His eyes widened as he realized what was happening.

Otto tried to holler for help, but I covered his mouth. "Silence old man," I growled. "You may as well give in because there is no getting out of this."

I took my hand off his mouth. "What do you want?" Otto spat. His voice was old and tired. "Please, I'll give you anything you want. Money, power, anything you want, it's yours!"

"All I want is you dead." I hissed.

"What did I ever do to you?" Otto asked, bile in his voice.

"You took away my family, my world." I roared.

"And how would I have done that?" Otto spat. 

"You didn't care about the world. You kept producing, polluting the world until it was uninhabitable, just to satisfy your greed." I said. "My parents died of lung cancer from the junk you put in the air. The world died and you just sat back, comfortable in your sanctuary. Happy to see it all burn. Billions of people, dead. All thanks to you."

"So you must kill me then?" Otto said resignedly.

"One life for the entire world. Sounds like a fair price, don't you think?" I said. "I hope you enjoyed your life, Otto, because its time for it to end."

"So just do it then boy," Otto said. "I would welcome death. I am old and miserable. It would be a release for me."

"Tell the devil I say hi," I said, pulling the trigger.

The round echoed through the room. Otto's body crumpled, all tension leaving it. A red mark sat right in the center of his head. Finally, the man responsible for the end of the world is dead. I had succeeded, and it felt so right, yet so wrong.

It didn't take long before I could hear footsteps running toward the room. I ran over to the window, hopping out and onto the rooftop. Unslinging the phase board, I drop it in front of me and hop on. The floating board of see-through blue shot off with me on board it.

I looked back in through the window as I sped away. A pretty young woman was the first in the room. She had light brown hair and beautiful green eyes. She ran over to where Otto now laid dead, shocked. I almost felt bad for her, although I pitied her more for caring about the worst man to ever live than for anything else.

I shot off the roof on my phase board, flying through the air and landing gently on the ground. I went straight for the glass dome. I pointed my gun at the panel right in front of me, firing several rounds into the glass, shattering it. I flew out of The Sanctuary into the smoggy brown open air. I accomplished my mission, sweet sweet revenge.