Part 4 § money

Part fourrr! Your pov! More song recommendations above^^^ also, I just realized not everyone listens to pop punk(honestly cant name the genre cause I don't know it)? haha ;) so I'll leave some Others up there as well, sorry :(. Well enjoy the chapter.

We ran through the dark forest until my ribs ached with pain. We both stopped, panting heavily. "Are you ok" I ask looking at sal breathing heavily. "Yeah I'm fine, just haven't ran like that in a while" sal says laughing. I laugh to and look around. We were surrounded by tall pine trees and the distant sound of crickets. "We should keep going until we get to the city." He said. I nod my head. "Yeah that sounds good" I reply.

We made our way out of the forest and found an abandoned gas station. Sal looks at me and I nod. So we make our way to the gas station. When we get inside there was canned food on the floor, a breaking cashier, an old bath room, and..sorta empty shelves. As we finished looking around, Sal sat on the floor. I sat next to him and laid my head on his shoulder, and drifted off to sleep.

I woke up to light snores. I look around and squint at the light seeping through the old windows. I feel sal move and an arm tightens around my waist. I giggle. "Wake up sally." I say poking his chest. "Five more minutes y/n" he says, his eyes closed and his voice muffled. "Come on we gotta go sleepy head." I say getting up. He grunts in annoyance but gets up. I look around the old gas station. I walk behind the counter. Pressed a button on the cash register. Clink! It made a loud noise and the money compartment shot open. I stepped forward and looked inside, there was a pile of spread out one dollar bills and a single wad of twenties. "Sal come here!" I said making a waving motion with my hand. He made his was over dragging his feet sleepily. Once he got behind the counter he looked at the money and back at me. He smiled and I smiled back. "Holy shit we hit the jack pot" sal says laughing. I laugh back. He grabs the money and puts it into my pockets. We walk out of the old gas station and begin our way to the city, still staying lokey because of the bright orange jumpsuits.

Time skip

We made it to the town and searched instantly for a clothes shop. Once we found one we went inside. We opened the door and the bell rang. The cashier looked at us and gaped. She watched us as we looked around the store. I went to the women's section and sal went to the men's section. I looked around. It felt weird to be shopping, after being in prison for four years. I made my way to the pants. There was only three pairs. I picked up a light wash pair with rips. I grabbed another pair, and looked around at the shirts. I grabbed one that said Levi's, and grabbed a dark green crew neck. I grabbed a belt and a pair of vans. I met up with sal. He was holding a pair of maroon pants and a black crew neck. He also had a pair of black pants with a t shirt. I smiled. "Cute" I said. He laughed nervously.
We walked up to the counter and the lady checked us out. It turned out to be 97.55. So we payed with the cash. We both went into the dressing rooms and changed. I put on the t shirt and jeans, and sal put on the maroon pants with the black crew neck. We both put on our shoes. He got black vans with the brown soles. "You look cute in those pants" I say. I see him start blushing. "Awww sallyyy are you blushing." I say laughing. He laughs "nooo, lets go" He says. We walk out of the dressing room, with the bag holding our extra clothes. "We should eat" Sals says. I nod my head excitedly. For the first time in a while, I actually had hope for the future

Ahhh! Chapter four, also 12 reads?! What?! I've never had that many reads ;). I hope you guys enjoyed and thank you so so soooo much for reading these. Ok ok I love you guys <3