19

jamie felt suffocated by the ten jackets lucas, jaehyun, and johnny had made her wear before she started her commute, a scarf on her neck and a hat on her head

her glasses rested on the bridge of her nose because she had gotten up late and was running late, so she didn't have the time to put her contacts in because she always managed to put them in wrong at least once.

yerim was at her side in a matter of seconds when her foot touched the campus, talking her ear off about how annoying her older brother was.

kwon yerim was the karen to her regina, the dumb friend to the popular one. jamie was still confused as to how she had gotten such a high popularity rank, but then remembered her first year when jaehyun was working at the school as an assistant teacher because they desperately needed one, so he had dropped out of college to help. everyone wanted to be her friend because she was friends with the hot senior.

jamie rolled her eyes at the memory, at that time, yena was regina and there was a small group of them following her, until yena started dating renjun and broke the group in half.

a shudder went through jamie as she thought about how yena had befriended her, trying to get into jaehyun's pants, only able to succeed once before jaehyun crushed her.

how their friendship lasted after that, jamie had no idea.

yerim laughed, "how are you still cold with all those layers on? come on, i really want to skip, but i know you won't, so go."

jamie smiled, nodding, "see you in lunch?"

yerim nodded happily before going over to where yena was, the group of four going to their normal ditch spot.

jamie continued to her locker, hearing the bell ring. she raced to put her stuff in before making her way to the library for her study hall.

renjun was sitting at a table, his nose in a book.

jamie tried to avoid him, but he stopped her, "jimin."

jamie turned to see his eyes focused on hers, soft yet stern, "come sit with me."

she complied, sitting across the wide table from him, hoping he wouldn't say anything to her as she pulled her homework out.

a light laugh left her lips at the notes that were attached to each of her books, lucas the culprit. positive notes were on each page, some repeating. some said "fighting!" others said "i don't know how you do this, but you got it."