7 years later

"Dinah I need you to come in today at 3," L.A Reid said in a voicemail from a call she had missed earlier in the day.

Dinah checked the time on her phone and it'd be 3 in less than an hour. She grabbed her things and called an Uber to got to L.A's office. Upon arrival she was met with a familiar face she'd grown fond of, L.A's assistant. She often hung out with her in her free time.

"Hey Viv," Dinah said with a smile, "How's it going?"

Viv gave a weak smile, "Good."

Dinah looked at her questioningly, "Everything alright? You look a little off today?"

"No. No I'm fine," she lied as she and Dinah walked inside, "Ready to see L.A?"

Dinah nodded as she followed Vivian to the elevator. They stood in silence as Viv did everything to avoid eye contact with Dinah. Dinah knew something was off. The two would usually be chatting it up but she figured she'd just leave it. When they hit L.A's floor Vivian lead her to his office. Vivian knocked before she opened the door and Dinah was met with a smiling L.A Reid.

"Dinah! Please, please come in," he said getting up to greet her.

Dinah smiled and hugged L.A as he approached her. He took her hand and lead her to his desk.

"To what do I owe this pleasure?" Dinah asked as she sat down across from him.

L.A had been her mentor since she started. She loved him, but sometimes his method were sketchy, though she truly did appreciate everything he had done for her. He only ever tried to do what's best for her and his company.

"I have a proposition for you," he said leaning against his desk.

"Go on," she said crossing her legs.

"We have to wait for the next parties to join us," he said looking at the door.

"Okay," Dinah replied suspiciously as she pulled out her phone waiting for this person.

A couple of minutes passed before she heard the door open.

"L.A it's been too long," the feminine voice said as she entered the office.

As soon as the woman spoke Dinah's head jolted up. She hadn't heard that voice in such a long time, but she could never forget it. That voice had such raspiness how could anyone forget it, but that's all Dinah wanted to do since the last time she heard it.

Dinah turned her head slowly as her eyes narrowed, "You..."

The dark haired Cuban's mouth dropped as her eyes too narrowed, "You..."

Both women turned their heads to L.A.

"What is she doing here?!" They both scowled.

"Now, now ladies. We're all grown here. You know I signed you both after X Factor this shouldn't be that much a surprise," he said as he sat in his chair.

Dinah shook her head, "L.A what is the meaning of this?"

"Honestly, what on Earth could've driven such a poor decision," Lauren said as she rubbed her temples.