'Night

It was a calm day. Ciel's schedule wasn't booked like it usually was, fortunately. Instead of starting the paperwork for tomorrow he decided to retire early. As the Earl approached his bed, he noticed his lover's absence. The young noble sighed grabbing his book atop his nightstand and crawling under the warm covers. Ciel had grown accustomed to sleeping alongside his lover so that made it all the more difficult to sleep without him. On the bright side, he was able to get in some reading before going to sleep.

The young lord hadn't realized how long he had been reading until his lover came into the room looking exhausted. Ciel checked the clock as Y/N sagged into the bed. After a few seconds, he joined Ciel under the covers snuggling his side. Ciel's eyes left the word-filled page glancing down at Y/N. His chest rose with each breath and he looked peaceful despite the dark rings under his eyes.

"What brings you home so late?" Ciel asked calmly.

Y/N took in a sharp breath, "Work's been kicking my ass."

The noble nodded bringing his attention back to the book in his hands. He took one of his hands and ran them through Y/N's velvety hair. A small smile appeared on his face as he moved closer, if that were possible, to Ciel.

"I'm glad to be here with you after a long week," Y/N said softly.

Ciel hummed, "I love you."

"I love you too, Ciel. Goodnight my sapphire."

Author's Note: I take requests if you weren't aware. I have not received any for this book, which I find strange. It may just be because people weren't aware but if you have any requests feel free to comment or privately message me.