Nothing Matters

Lisa didn't know how she was expecting Jennie to respond. Happy? Probably not. Scared? Maybe. But the Thai at least expected some response, instead, Jennie stood there mouth ajar. Silence. 

In light of the slayer's stunned mutism, the redhead decided to continue, "I travelled across Asia and climbed the Himalayas to find the coven that Dara tried to wipe out. There was one witch left, she agreed to conjure my soul from the ether and return it to my body. Apparently that makes my eyes blue". 

"So that means you're a good guy now?" Sana asked with childlike innocence. Lisa rubbed the back of her head through her beanie, "I don't know what it means, I haven't figured that out yet".

"Do you still murder people?" Seulgi asked bluntly. 

Lisa shook her head, "no, I don't even feed from humans anymore". 

"Then how do you feed? Oh my gosh are you a vegetarian?" Nayeon asked, fascinated.

The Thai couldn't help but smile, "no I'm not a vegetarian, I feed from animals". 

Sunmi folded her arms and rolled her eyes in annoyance. She certainly didn't approve of her sire's new lifestyle choice. 

Jennie still didn't say anything, she wasn't even sure if she could trust the vampire though it did make sense. But a vampire with a soul, such a ridiculous notion to the slayer. It almost seemed perverted. 

Jihyo, Nayeon and Sana once again ran at the Thai and embraced her warmly, their loyalty to their friend more powerful than their fear for the monster. 

Seulgi's eyes remained firmly fixed on Sunmi, her wolf instincts setting her on constant edge in the vampire's presence. Wendy was more concerned with Jennie, she understood better than anyone what it was like to love a monster.

"I know I don't know you Lisa, and this might be overstepping my bounds but...can I ask why you got your soul back? I didn't think vampires did that kind of thing" the Canadian asked cautiously. 

Lisa looked at Jennie, then at Wendy, "I...I wanted to be better, I wanted to prove someone wrong about me". 

"You did this to yourself to prove me wrong?" Jennie said abruptly, breaking her silence at last. Lisa was about to respond when she became very aware that there was a lot of people listening, "um...can we talk privately?". 

The slayer inhaled deeply, contemplating what she wanted to do, she sighed and nodded once. She folded her arms defensively and began to walk away, "if your girlfriend lays a single finger on any of the girls then I'll put this through her chest" she said sternly while presenting her stake from her coat pocket. 

"Best behaviour" the Thai said towards the sulking Sunmi, who nodded reluctantly. 

"Is it safe to leave her there?" Jennie uttered impatiently as Lisa caught up with her. The redhead nodded, I told her not to hurt them so she won't, besides I'm sure they could handle her if she tried anything...and we can see them from here".

"Explain" the slayer said almost angrily, arms still folded.

"I didn't want to lose you" Lisa replied with a sigh, "you kept telling me we couldn't be together because I didn't have a soul and at some point I decided I wanted you more than anything else, so I got my soul back". 

"So you think I'm just going to take you back now? That your soul changes any of the ways your clan has made me suffer?" the black haired girl replied. The vampire shook her head, "no, now I have a soul I can think and feel as a human would and I know we can't be together, I know I'll never be any good for you".