Militia

"We can't take them" Rosé whispered quietly, careful not to wake up the sleeping girls. "We don't have a choice" Tiffany replied coldly. The Australian shook her head, "no, they are civilians. It would take years of training to prepare them to fight just a regular clan of vampires let alone a clan as old and powerful as Sandara's". "We need the numbers" the former slayer captain argued, "we won't last 5 minutes on our own". "They won't last 5 seconds" Rosé frowned, not backing down. Jennie sighed "Rosie is right, they'll all be killed". 

Jennie glanced over at her students all sleeping on make-shift beds on the floor, Wendy and Seulgi cuddled up together in the corner. 

She looked back at the other slayers, "we'd be bringing the vampires free food, may as well rebrand ourselves as a demonic takeout service". The Aussie nodded. Tiffany sighed deeply and folded her arms, "so what do you propose? Leave them here while we walk into no man's land on our own? If they do as we say they'll be fine, we won't ask them to engage into unnecessary battle". 

The black haired New Zealander closed her eyes as she rubbed her temples, developing a headache from stress, the thought of leaving the girls on their own with Sunmi wasn't ideal either, "we might need them to escort Chaelin back to safety". Rosé's eyes widened with surprise, "you cannot seriously be considering taking them with us" she replied angrily, "you agreed that it's too dangerous!".

"I agreed that we shouldn't make them fight, but if there's another way they can assist us then maybe we should keep them near, I don't want to leave them here with Sunmi and we can't bring her either, she can't be trusted" Jennie replied quietly. 

Rosé got up from her chair and walked outside of the warehouse, she needed some time away from the slayers. 

She walked out towards the van, leaning her back against it as she closed her eyes and sighed.

"Needed a break from them too huh?" a familiar voice said from around the corner. 

Rosé smiled as she opened her eyes and saw Lisa emerge from in front of the van, a cigarette in hand. "I almost forgot how cold and clinical the slayer world was after being a vampire for a little while" she replied softly. Lisa nodded as she blew smoke from the side of her mouth, " vampires and the order are two sides of the same coin in my experience".

The red headed Thai held up her cigarette, offering the other vampire a drag from it. The Australian shrugged casually, "sure why not, I guess cancer isn't a worry for me anymore", she put her mouth around the base of the cigarette and took a forced inhale. "Careful" Lisa warned, "trying to replicate breathing can be difficult to learn". Rosé exhaled, blowing little circles with the smoke, directly into the Thai's face. "I'm a quick study" the Aussie said cockily as she leaned back against the van, a little closer to the other girl this time. Lisa smirked, "I've noticed" she replied, recalling the near ass kicking she got at the hands of the newly turned vampire in the sewers. 

"So what's bothering you?" Lisa asked. The cocky smile fell from the Australian's face, "I was getting used to being fearless, now I have my soul back and I'm scared" she looked down at the snowy floor, "scared for myself, scared for all of us". Lisa continued smoking, "the weight of responsibility is a heavy burden for a vampire. Learning that the hard way myself". 

"You carry it well" Rosé said softly as she gently slid her hand against Lisa's, interlocking their fingers. The red head looked down at the intertwined hands in surprise. She looked back up at the Aussie's face and stared into her eyes. The two girls smiled, not uttering a word.