CHAPTER FIVE

omg, sorry this is so crap but I had to force myself into writing this, its been way too long. I feel like its a bit of a let down but it was just so hard getting back into Karolina's head after being gone so long. also  you may notice that half my sentences start with capitol letters, and some dont, try to ignore that, it will make things easier. anyways, a lot of skrillex and procrastinating later....

----------

It's too dark for me to see anything, but both Daryl and I begin backing up towards Carol, forming a shield around her.

The crunching of leaves keeps getting louder and louder as the walker approaches.

"I can’t see a damn thing!" I hiss quietly while Carol whimpers from behind me.

Daryl doesn’t respond, just pulls a flashlight out of his jacket and shines it around us, illuminating our surroundings-

And you've got be kidding me.

Emerging through a cluster of trees is Rick and the others.

"Fuck me" Daryl mutters.

"Not really an appropriate time for sexual activity Daryl" I say back and then turn to the others. "What the hell guys? Are you trying to scare us to death?" honestly wasn’t the whole point of splitting up supposed to mean we weren’t anywhere near each other?

"We’re sorry," says rick calmly, "we just went out and scanned our side of things but there’s a river that runs straight through and blocks our path. We thought we'd come help you."

Daryl just grunts in what one can only interpret to be acceptance while I put my axe back down and stick closely by Carol’s side.

"Run into any trouble?" Andrea asks.

"Just one walker, you?" I reply.

"All clear"

We all nod and decide to just head back to the house and get a good night’s sleep.

I stick by Carol’s side and put an arm around her.

"Thanks Kara" she says, I give her my biggest smile.

We continue walking back towards the house and it isn’t long before Rick, who is in front, stiffens and alerts us to around three walkers ahead.

"That’s really weird" I say, "we already checked this area...”

Daryl just shrugs and shoots two of the walkers with his crossbow while Rick stabs the last in the head.

We take a few more steps and then we hear it. A scream.

It pierces through the night and glues us all to the spot.

"The others..." Rick whispers in horror. Then we're running as fast as we can towards the house.

The screams keep getting louder and the closer we get the more walkers we find. They’re dealt with quickly, a few of them feeling the effects of my axe, but it's still slowing us down.

Finally, we make it to the house and look on with mortified expressions as we see it being swarmed with walkers.

God dammit, what is it with these people? Why is it that every walker within 100 miles seems drawn to them?

I see rick move first, taking out his gun and shooting at every walker in sight.

I suppose there’s no point in trying to be subtle so I get out my handgun and follow suit.

Everybody else seems to have the same idea because they all take out their weapons and begin taking down the walkers too.

I see Daryl mouth something at me but with all the noise going on I can’t hear it.