chapter 4

After a few months of school I've learned about this gang name "The Immortals" that was led by a kid no older than me name Josh Silverstein. He was half Jewish with short curly hair and long black trip jacket, skinny jeans, converse, and a staff that pulled out into a sword. The staff kind of looked like a skull and backbone, it was really looking but I would hate it to be on his bad side. I didn't bother them and they didn't come around me, until one night when I was a little late from coming home after school. I found my mom on the kitchen floor with foam like stuff all over her. Come to find out she had overdosed on some pills Steve gave her. With my mom gone there was nothing From stopping Officer Kennedy from arresting him. So that meant was on my own until I got married, which I don't see happening anytime soon. A month has went by and it's now January, and I'm spending New Years alone, both my parents are dead, my brother is working, and nobody wants to be around the polish kid. I was wrong. There was a knock at the door, I answered it and there stood Josh and his two right hand men "Wick" and "Tony". Wick was super skinny almost anorexic, with short hair and piercing brown eyes. Tony was a typical buff black dude with a flattop afro. "What do you want?" I asked as soon as I opened the door.

"Were here to make you apart of our family, the immortals." he said "you are alone just like we used to be, no parents and nobody that wants to be around you because you look different or from a different race."

It felt almost as if he had empty for me, I went with them with out a fight and never looked back ever sense I met her. Her name was Patricia Silverstein, Josh's cousin. That didn't bother me, she was beautiful. She had long brown hair, deep blue eyes, and petite. I think I loved her when I first laid eyes on her.

"Hi, I'm Patricia but you can call me Trish if you want" she said with the most beautiful smile. I could even talk to her I just nodded my head.

"This is Johnny, he's apart of the family now."

"Oh...yea hi..im Johnny." I said with the most nerves voice I have ever heard come out of my mouth.

"Hi, Johnny" she said again with a smile "welcome to the first day of the rest of your life" she said with a serious voice but she still was smiling like as if she was happy I was there. Then it hit me, she said the exact same thing that Kennedy said when he took me to school. "yea" I said in a kinda low but happy toned voice. It felt like she was trying to tell me something that I couldn't figure out. I hope I made the right choice coming here, no matter what happens I think she makes it all worth it.