Chapter 4: Dreams

"GO AWAY!!!" Romeo screamed.

The Masked Man was gaining nearer to Romeo, swiping the machete he was holding every time he got close. "NOOOO!" Romeo screamed, as the Masked Man stabbed Romeo's arm. The Masked Man stopped running. He stood still, tilting his head to the left. "Don't you wanna see your brothers?", The Masked Man asked. Romeo stopped running. A tear dropped down on his cheek.

Romeo then woke up. He gasped for air, using his sweaty blanket to apply pressure to his arm. The blood was pouring out. His mum and dad ran in and saw the blood. "Oh my god, Romeo", his mum said, crying. "Damn it", his dad said. His dad ran out of the room. He came back quickly with alcohol and bandages. This was going to be a long night, Romeo thought.

Romeo woke up the next morning on the lounge, and his parents sleeping on the floor. Romeo quietly got up and got ready for school,  hoping to not disturb his parents. Romeo ran the way to school, trying to ring his friends at the same time. Romeo arrived to school 10 minutes late. He had HSIE, so the teacher was pissed. "Now Romeo, whats the excuse this time, to busy brooding over your brothers?", the teacher asked. His whole class laughed, including the teacher. Romeo handed the note in and ran out of the classroom. Romeo ran to the only teacher he could trust, his ART teacher. He knocked on the CAPA staffrooms door, and was greeted by the ART teacher. "Aren't you meant to be in class, Mr Youssef?", the teacher asked. "I need to tell you something", Romeo said, before having a seizure on the floor. "SOMEBODY CALL 000!!", the teacher said. Romeo didn't hear anything after that, except for the cold laugh of The Masked Man.