Chapter 6

Colby POV

  After a while of talking and messing around with a half awake Jake, Sam and I walked towards the double French doors that lead to the backyard as Tara decided at that moment to throw something at Jake. We quickened our pace after hearing a loud "OW!" by Jake, and gasped as soon as we set foot on the earth.

  The lawn was neatly and freshly cut, with beautiful different colored flowers thoughtfully placed around the lawn, with a black fence surrounding a in ground Olympic swimming pool. I turn to Sam with my jaw dropped, seeing him watching me with amusement.

  "Do you like it?" Sam asked, lifting an eyebrow as I nodded quickly.

  "It's beautiful! I can't believe you guys could do something like this! Did you do this?" I asked, my eyes wide with excitement. Sam chuckles as he looks out the yard for a bit, then returns his gaze back to me, staring at me with...is that fond?

  "Unfortunately no, I can't do something like this. This was done by the girls of the group. They did a fantastic job, didn't they?" Sam said, smiling as he looked back out at the yard.

  "So then, what I saw with my parents, is that what you do?" I asked, a little curious as Sam looks back at me, a werid look on his face.

  "I'm a gang boss that goes after people who don't repay their loans. Do you hate me now?" Sam asked after a couple of minutes  of just staring at me.

  "Do you...kill...people?" I asked softly, looking at the ground now, a little scared of what he might say.

  "Yes, I kill people, but only the ones who deserve it. Like your parents. If that was anyone else, I would have taken the parents lives and taken the kids so they wouldn't have to be around their parents." Sam said calmly,

  We stood there for a couple of minutes in silence, taking in what he had said. So I agree with this? Can I accept this? My thoughts were swirling around in my head until I felt a hand on my shoulder, making me jump a bit.

  "If you want, you can sit on this. It's a lot to take in." Sam said as I nodded slowly, looking at the ground. He took us back inside, leading us through the house and upstairs leading us to a door that says, "Princess." I blushed as Sam opens the door, making me gasp.

  There was a Queen sized bed, with pink sheets and pillow, with a pink canopy with it. The wallpaper is pink as well with a light tan desk probably to do homework with a pink computer chair next to it. There is a white glass panel door that leads to a Balcony facing the backyard.

  "It's beautiful thank you." I whisper, unsure how to treat him now. Or any of them. Sam smiled at me before nodding and walking backwards.

  "I'm thinking of ordering pizza, anything you care for?" Sam asked smiling as I ponder.

  "Pepperoni pizza please and thanks." I said quietly as Sam nodded and walked out of the room and closed the door. I walked to the bed and flopped down on it, loving how soft the sheets are.

  What am I going to do now?

(Thanks for reading and a special thanks to Maddisond1001!!)