nine.

Courtney sat next to Duncan's bed as she ate her breakfast. "So I kicked her out.. and I dont know where she is now. But why do I feel bad?" "Maybe cause you're suchhhh a good person." Courtney looked to the door confused and jumped out of her seat seeing Izzy there. "Oh my god! When did you get back?" She asked pulling her into a hug. Then looking at her as if she wasn't real . "You look so cute. and.. pale. Was there no sun in Ireland?" Izzy shook her head no smiling widely. "Not at all. But it was so fun, I can't wait to show you and Duncan pictures... has he shown any movement yet?" Courtney sighed sitting on the edge of the bed grabbing his hand as Izzy took her old seat. "The doctors said last night his finger twitched. But other than that... nothing." Izzy sighed, as she looked at Courtney. "Heather told me what happened, and that she heard Gwen yelling at someone about them doing it." She nodded, as her guilt came back. "Yeah, I didn't believer Heather. But she wasn't lying now I need to apologize. I feel like a mega asshole." "Well no need to apologize. She heard every word." "Wha-" She was cut off as Heather walked in, and Courtney got up slowly and hugged her tightly. "So, how did you find out?"

"Gwen's phone rang, and I answered to tell them she was busy then the guy came on the line and I freaked out on her." Heather nodded as she looked over at Duncan. "I wish he would wake up already." Courtney nodded agreeing as Izzy hit the chair she was sitting on angrily. "HELLO?! Heather why are you not connecting the pieces?!" They looked at her confused as she got up, turning to Heather. "Heather, you told me that you found out gwen was lying because of she was on the phone with some guy, yelling at him for getting Duncan in the car accident." Heather nodded slowly confusion written all over her face as Courtney gasped. "Oh my god, you're right.. Izzy! Don't you see, Heather?" She looked between the two before shrugging sitting in the empty chair. "Gwen was on the phone with the guy that hit Duncan, the guy that called her when I answered was the same guy! Obviously, from what I read from the texts! So if we find out who he is, we find out who did this! Izzy, you're a mad genius! I'm going to find Gwen!" Courtney exclaimed as she grabbed her purse heading to the door before Heather jumped up. "So am I!" "You can't hit Gwen, if you go." Heather sighed rolling her eyes. "Fine, fine whatever. I won't.. let's go!" Courtney looked at as Izzy, as sort of an invitation as Izzy scoffed. "Hell no. I'll stay here with D, we have a lot to catch up on. Good luck."

~

Courtney walked up to the front door of the house. It was decent size, a nice size. Kind of something like she wanted for her and Duncan, not to big. She was cut out her thoughts as the sassy woman opened the door. "Oh, hell no. What is your flat ass doing here?" She asked turning to Heather immediately. "Bit-" Courtney quickly cut the asian off flashing a bright smile. "Sorry about her. Could we- I mean I talk to Gwen?" "For what? You kicked her out, or do you not remember that ms. future lawyer?" Heather rolled her eyes as Courtney sighed trying to stay calm. "Please. You do not know how important this is Leshawna." "And I don't care. You kicked my best friend out, while she was in need." Heather groaned, glaring at her. "Your bestfriend almost got my bestfriend killed in a car crash! Courtney's fiancé, so if she wants to talk to Gwen.. she will. Now, move your big ass out of her way." Heather shoved her way past her while grabbing Courtney's wrist pulling her into the house. Upon seeing Gwen sitting on the couch watching tv, in the living room they both rushed over to her sitting on opposite sides of her.

"Gwen... can we see your phone?"