twenty-three.

"Duncan!... Duncan, man where are you going! STOP!" Alejandro's yells were ignored as Duncan pressed the down button on the elevator. Alejandro grabbed his friend's shoulder to stop him, Duncan put his hand ontop of the latino's about to move it off harshly but stopped in the action.

~

"Duncan, stop it." Courtney giggled covering her face  as she stood on the stage in the same bar they met in. "Cody, start over." Duncan chuckled ignoring Courtney's request as he kept recording her. "Just sing, Court. We can show our future kids this, if they ever ask how they got so talented." Courtney shook her head starting to sing where she left off before Duncan began recording her. "I can't wait till you come over, i'm not sober. so you know how this boutta go — okayyy stop." She lightly placed her hand on his shoulder with a laugh as he moved the camera closer to her face. "You're so annoying, Duncan."

~

He shook his hand roughly shaking Alejandro's off his shoulder. "Let go of me man. I have business to handle." "With who?" Duncan looked at him as the elevator arrived to their floor. "Mal, I'm gonna get rid of him once and for all. Seriously.. I'm done with him putting the people I care about in danger." He said as he stepped in the elevator after the doors opened. He nodded at Alejandro as he pushed the lobby button, but before the doors could close Alejandro stopped them getting in with him. "What are you doing?" "I know you don't think I'm gonna let you do this on your own. You need back up." Duncan scoffed looking at him. "It's only us two." "So? I got your back you got mine. That's all the back up we need. Now time to TTTKA." "Time to totally kick ass." The two said in unison before bursting into laughter as the elevator arrived at the bottom floor. "Okay, we really have to watch that movie when we get back from kicking Mal's ass."

~

"Hey, Gwen.. did you get a text from Duncan too?" Dj asked looking at the goth. "No. I don't have his number. Why is it important?" He shrugged showing her the phone as he read it out loud. "Me and Al are going to handle some business, but tell Court's doctor I know who the man was and to call me." Gwen furrowed her eyebrows shrugging too. "Just do what he says I guess."

~

"And this is very important, doc. The name of the man that stole the scrubs and messed with Courtney. His name is Mike but sometimes he goes by Mal." After hearing a confirmation from the doctor that he heard it Duncan hung up the phone as him and Alejandro parked infront of Mike's house. "Ready?" Alejandro asked as he looked at him. "Yep. Let's go." The two got out the car together and made their way to the door as Duncan knocked and as soon as he caught glimpse of the happy looking guy he decked him in his mouth. Alejandro watched as Duncan beat on the defenseless guy before pulling him back hearing another car pull up. "We gotta go bromigo." He grabbed the delinquents arm rushing out the back door with him. The two climbed over the gate rushing back to and into Alejandro's car. The two heard a scream from inside the house before Alejandro pulled off down the street. "So.. how did you know where he stayed?" "I have my ways, Al."

~

The doctor smiled politely at the police before they walked away he then turned to Gwen and DJ giving them a grateful smile. "Thank you two, so much. The cops are going to find this Mal guy and put him away.. for good this time. And you guys can go in and see Courtney. She isn't awake yet, but she should be able to hear you." The two nodded walking into Courtney's room. Her face wrapped in bandages along with her torso and arms. Gwen sighed sitting on the side of the bed grabbing her cold hand. "Court, you are so strong. You can make it through this, and we're all waiting for you too. We love you... we can't live without you." She whispered looking down at their hands. "And I'm sorry for everything I did to you." As DJ and Gwen sat in silence next to Courtney, her brown eyes began to open slowly. DJ quickly tapped Gwen's arm repeatedly before pointing up to the now awake Courtney. "Courtney, oh my god." She gasped as the two both hugged her gently.

"Hi.."