1 |"Oh, S.S. Georgie."

[ Not edited! ]

Scarlet quickened her pace as the clouds began to gather in the sky. 

Up to now, the sky had been postcard-perfect, but it was changing. The beautiful Elsa-blue shade was beginning to darken into gravel-grey. Large pillows of cloud were forming, blotting out the old-gold color of the sun.

Scarlet quickly ran across the sidewalk not wanting her books and her backpack to get ruined. She got the first splatter of rain when She was halfway across the street.

She took shelter under a neighbor's porch, hoping that the shower would pass. Droplets of moisture began to drip from the leaves. They were sprinkling onto the grass like a gardener's house. Then the rainfall became more intense.

A wall of rain moved over the porch and the drops were drumming against the roof. It sounded like a million goofballs dropping onto plastic. She backed up checking her book as the rain dropped and splashed. So much rain was falling that the sound blurred into one long, whirring noise.

She stayed there listening to the sound of splashes and water being eaten by the drains.

Eventually, the noise lessened and the rain slowed down into a shower. The clouds were still dark and huge. It didn't look like she was going to make it home to do chores and homework, she also thought that it would be kind of awkward to have a 13-year-old doing their homework on your porch.

Scarlet looked out through the soft rain conjuring up a plan to get home. She shoved her book into her backpack and silently counted down not to a certain number but a certain time when to go.

She jumped over the steps and began running across the street. She felt the rain trickling down her face and hitting her cloths. The water splashing against her ankles as her shoes stoped across the puddles. The rain beginning to fall harder the sound picking up on her backpack as she came to her house just in time. But not noticing the metallic blue car in the driveway.

Scarlet opened the door stepping her flooded shoes onto the wooden floor. She was thought that nobody was home --- as per usual so evidently she slammed the door taking heavy breaths. She rested her head on the backside. Just as she was going to catch her own breath from running someone's shadow stomped right in front of her.

"Why the Hell did it take you so long?" Linda yelled. Linda Owens is Scarlet's babysitter and the school bully, or how she sees it its HER personal very own bully which was NOT what she asked for Christmas but still got that sickening grin in front of her on her doorstep on Christmas day.

"What do you mean? Don't you see the storm that's happening?" Scarlet said in the nicest way possible of saying "What are you blind?! I just came from the loud thundering storm outside from school." But she wouldn't dare.

"No shit, but it doesn't take you that long to walk through shitty water. I don't care how fucked up you get or what your home homework looks like I need you now." Linda growled. Scarlet huffed and lifted her head up to look at her. "What'd you want?" She wined wanting to get this over with.

"What I want, Is for you to shut your mouth about anything I did, you saw, heard. Got it?" she scowled. Scarlet very puzzled looking up at her. "Why? Police better not be coming back" she shakes her head. "Don't fucking mention that! Your stupid ass parents are coming over tomorrow night and I want my cash." Linda rolled her eyes