9 |"Come save us Beverly!"

[Not edited!  Long chapter!]

Reckless. They were very very reckless on the ride home.

And soon, from all the laughs, giggles, swerving and almost falling no thanks to Scarlet. The world had finally gone silent and easy.

It was pleasant to have the silence linger around them, as they rode from the sidewalk turning into the street. They passed various shops and different entries of the town.

One of them, Scarlet knew, to be the one she took to get to the Aladdin Theatre and its arcade. She also knew that it took her to meet the one and only boy she found there.

The thought of him made the butterfly's continue to rush through her stomach and soon she found her self smiling up at the thought of them together. But those thoughts couldn't last for long, as they were just a fantasy as much as this world.

She sensed another realization around her, her head and her eyes scanning every which way they could possibly can, and for the first time in what seemed like a long time, she felt like she had woken up.

Her eyes last fell on Beverly. Her hair, her back, and her body seemed to become distant. Scarlet wrapped her hands tighter onto Beverly's sides and laid her head against her back. 

Static.
Long television static closely becoming white noise erupts from Bev's body, Scarlet quickly pushed her head up pursing her lips.

"You okay? You're getting a little tight there," Beverly asked carefully, suddenly her body flickered fracturing from her head. Scarlet gulped loosening her grip on Bev's sides. "Y-yeah, just missing my family..." She lied and replied worriedly. 

Soon the apartments came into view. Scarlet and Beverly are already up the steps, unlocking the door, and seeing through. "Bevy is that you?" Beverly's dad howlers from the living room as Beverly pulled in Scarlet and quickly shutting the door. 

"Yes daddy, but I-"
"You brought a friend over?" He talked over her walking into the hallway. He leans against the doorway a beer in hand, starring down at the two. Beverly's eyes flashed between his disappointed look and the beercan he held. 

She stayed quiet keeping her eyes on her father and slowly pushed Scarlet behind her.  The man took a sip of beer and eyeing them up and down. He licked his lips letting his hand drop down to his hip. "I saw her in your bed this morning, Bevy."

He set his can down on a nearby table. "Why was she in your bed? How come you didn't tell me first?" his voice became forceful and demanding. He waited for her to answer.

Scarlet watched has Beverly's eyes shifted direction. "This is Scarlet. She's just a f-friend from school," Beverly stammered says barely gesturing Scarlet to her dad. Scarlet nodded along behind Beverly and then something strange happened.

Beverly's dad paused like literally paused for a split of a second and Scarlet only caught it just in time before his face twitched as he sprang to life again. "She can s-staY for now." He said again suddenly, his words glitching out with him. 

"Thank god..." Scarlet mumbled feeling a little relieved, but nevertheless still worried.
"But not for long," he adds, taking his Beer off the table and existing from the doorway. Beverly quickly grabbed Scarlet's wrist and dragged her to her room. Once in the room, Beverly shut the door and locked it.

"I'm sorry about that" Beverly says sadness clouded her features. "Hey it's okay Beverly it's fine," Scarlet reassures her, letting her backpack fall off her shoulders. "No, no it's not okay. My dad is not okay," said Beverly masking her face in her hands.