Five

*

"Come back Molls, Nic!! Hold girls hold!".

Rachel's shouts echo around the pitch but are drowned out by the noise of the 18,000 or so fans, "Kirsty, Molly, hold her up, Nic cover the right side, Kim help Nic out".

The Jamaican attack are gaining on the four of them and Lee, Kim coming back to help out while the keeper sets herself in goal, watching the ball at the feet of the forward.

"Hold!".

Lee shouts join the fray and finally Kirsty gets across to clear the ball out for a throw in, leaving the Scots time to set up.

"Kirsty cover the throw in, Rach, Molls cover 9 and 10" Lee shouts again, "Molls, come back, hold Rach!!" she adds. This time, Kirsty wins possession back before the ball reaches the Jamaican's and plays a pass down field that Lisa latches on to.

"Erin! Lizzie link up with Lisa".

The three forwards set themselves up in a passing triangle, Caroline and Lana ready in case they need help but before the move can be pulled off, the final whistle blows and the ground erupts into cheers; Molly's alongside them.

"Yess Corsie!!" the defender screams at the captain, pulling her into a hug.

"Nice game Molls, you'll be playing at the World Cup next" Rachel says, "I doubt that but a nice send off game and a good crowd, 18,000 people!!".

Molly's face lights up at this as her and Rach walk over to the rest of the team, looking around at the faces in the crowd, waving to a few that they recognise before joining in the post-match huddle.

"Congratulations on the win girls. Not our best game on the defending front but some strong attacking promise and good three goals; Corsie" Shelley smiles, "alright well done. Some absolutely cracking goals, I mean Erin could you have hit that any better and Caz; an absolute stunner of a free kick" Rachel grins.

Claire's eyes meet Molly's across the circle and for a second it feels like it's just the two of them on the pitch.

"Scotland on three...".

Lisa's voice takes them both away from the moment and they put their hands in the middle.

"One... two... three... Scotland!".

*

"Molly you coming out?".

Caroline's voice rings from the bathroom where the forward is fixing her makeup, "nae, I think I'm going to stay here and watch a movie or Netflix or someit" Molly replies from her bed

"Who else is going out with you?".

Caz's head appears round the doorframe, lips pulled into a smirk, "you wanna know if Claire's coming out with us don't you?" she says, "no, I was just curious as to who will be staggering back to the hotel, apart from you".

The forward disappears back into the bathroom but reappears seconds later, "Erin, Kirsty, Lisa, Fi, Jenna, Lizzie oh and Claire" Caroline says, putting on her shoes.

"I don't why Corsie and Lee aren't coming with?" she says, "I do that's why I'm staying in here" Molly replies and Caz's eyebrow raise.

"Ahhh ok".

"Exactly. Well I hope you have a lovely time, I'll be here watching some shit or other" she smiles, "alright see you later".

Caroline turns and walks towards the door, checking on Molly one more time before leaving.

At the bottom of the corridor, she finds Lisa and Fiona waiting at by the lift and they join the rest of the girls in reception, Lizzie hailing a taxi and arriving at the chosen destination in ten minutes.

"Right, we deserve this".

"Not so fast Lisa, I don't want you so drunk you start whining about Viv or worse, you think that Kirsty is your girlfriend again" Jenna says, grabbing her arm and holding her back.

"Dinnae give me those eyes either Evans, we're keeping an eye on you in case this one gets out of hand" the keeper adds, "alright but can we pleaaase go in now" Lisa whines, batting her eyelashes.

"Alright".

*