Thirteen

*

"I'm sorry I couldn't be there tae celebrate with you, but that's why I'm gonna bring you out here during the international break".

"What do you mean?".

The forward smiles.

"I mean that when everyone goes off for internationals and because we don't have a qualifier for some unexplained reason, you come over to Orlando" she explains as Molly looks up from her phone in time to see Lisa and Leah walk through the door.

"Hey Molls. Who are you on the phone too?" she asks.

"Claire".

"I want to speak tae her!" Lisa shouts, climbing over the sofa to reach her teammate and snatch the phone from her hands.

"What are you doing here again? Does Jordan know you practically live here?" Molly asks, "yep but she knows I love you guys sooo..." Leah replies, flopping down on the sofa.

"We're out of milk!" Kim shouts from the kitchen.

"I'll go"

"But I only just got here".

"Leah I see you every day as it is and that's without you popping round all the time, I think you can understand why I'd want some time away from this mad house" Molly explains, "rude" Leah huffs.

"Aye but it's true. Lisa I'm going out, can I have my phone back please?".

This time the door goes again and Viv walks past into the kitchen, "never mind, Viv bought some!" Kim shouts.

"You're a gem Viv, now Molls can can stay and talk to me" Leah smiles as the Dutchie appears, "just what I always wanted" the Scot replies, taking her phone back off Lisa and heading upstairs to the safety of her room.

Messages -
'Molly to Claire 💜: Sorry our conversation got cut off. Lisa was clearly mad to talk to you for some reason or another. Leah practically lives here which is ridiculous because she has a house of her own, as I'm sure you heard on FaceTime. Message me back when you get a chance x'.

"Oh how I wish this long distance shit was easier" Molly sighs putting her phone down, "I know two people who can help with that".

The defender looks up to see Kim stood in the doorway, "just ask Dom or Rach, they know everything there is tae know about relationships overseas" the Scottish veteran says; noting Molly's expression.

"Aye that's true. I wish I had their balls to be able to dae that".

"You're making it work aren't ya?".

"Hmm we are. She wants me tae go out and see her during the international break" Molly explains, "and, are you going to?" Kim asks; "I dinnae yet. Let's see what happens first".

*

"Molly!!".

"Molls Katie is leaving!".

"I wanna see your sorry face before I go, hurry up. I won't get you a cake for your birthday again" the Irish captain adds to Lisa's words and Molly smiles; "alright I'm coming".

She trudges down the stairs and see Katie saying goodbye to those who aren't going on international duty.

"See you later McCabe" Mitch says, "hey that was my line" Molly interrupts, reaching the bottoms step and standing there, "sorry, first dibs" Emma replies.

"Bye Katie, hope you have a good time" the Scot says, pulling the defender turned forward into a hug, "thanks Molly. I'll get you a cake now" she smiles.

"Don't be bringing any Guinness back to this house".

"Don't worry, I won't".

"I tried it once, it was horrible" Viv pipes up and everyone turns to look at her, "when did you try Guinness" Lisa quizzes her girlfriend and Viv shrugs; "when I was in Ireland?".

Lisa doesn't look convinced but turns back to Katie all the same.

"Are ya going or what! You'll be late" she says, "ok, see you later" Katie smiles and walks out of the house, closing it the door behind her.

"I dinnae want to be around when Lisa talks tae Viv so I'm just gonna..." Molly says, edging up the stairs, "I'm gonna go back in here, Leah come help me with something" Kim adds, grabbing the midfielder and pulling her into the kitchen as Lisa turns on the Dutchie.

"When did you try it huh?".

"When we went for World Cup qualifying".

Their voices die a little as Molly shuts her door, but she can still hear Lisa's raised voice as she flops on her bed and looks at her phone.

Messages -
'Molly to Daan favourite Dutchie: Viv and Lisa are having a shouting match about Guinness, it's an Irish drink don't ask. Can you come over and plead Viv's case?'.

Molly raises her eyes and looks at the ceiling.

"Please for gods sake read this Daan. I can't have them killing each other" she says just as Viv pitches in to plead her point again.

Messages -
'Daan favourite Dutchie: Sure. Can Beff come too? She says she knows what Guinness is'.

"Yesss of course Beth can come" Molly smiles, replying to Daan before getting up from the bed and opening her door again, "oi you two in the kitchen. Daan and Beth are coming round, we'll have peace in no time!" she shouts.

"Good, we can't stay in the kitchen forever" Leah replies.

"Ditto".

*