~ Chapter Six ~

The pair both stood in silence for a few moments before they could hear familiar voices in the distance dawning in on them. Looking around cautiously, without thinking, Kurtz reached out and grabbed Valencia's arm pulling her round the corner and down the dark street. The street lights flickered as their pace quickened. Val couldn't get caught. They were supposed to be enemies. Nothing more.

"She's not here dude." Archie let out a breath.
"Maybe she headed back home, it is late you know." Jughead offered.
Sweet Peas expression deflated in defeat. He didn't want to give up, but Jughead was right, it was very late and the chances of finding her in the night was even harder.

Valencia came to a stop, Kurtz by her side.
"What now?" She asked him.
He shrugged, "I don't know."
"Sweet Pea is going to be so pissed off..." she raked her thin fingers through her soft hair.
"You could always beat him home, I mean we are so much closer than they are, if we run a bit further we will be there in no time." Kurtz suggest. It was the only plan either of them could come up with.
Valencia nodded her head "let's go."

Sweet Pea wearily made his way up the steps of his trailer. Walking in to see his sister asleep on the couch. A sigh of relief left his mouth, he scooped the girl in his arms and carried her to bed. But once Val heard a click of the door, the girl pulled her phone from her pocket.

To: Kurtz
'Hey, just letting you know that Sweet Pea came home just after you left but luckily he believed I was asleep so he didn't suspect anything ~ Val x'

Valencia sent the message to the number Kurtz had typed into her phone moments before Sweets came back.

To: Valencia
'Glad he bought it, goodnight princess ~ Kurtz x'

A small smile crept up on the girls face, placing the phone down beside her, she turned over and went to sleep, replaying all of today's events back in her mind. Kurtz wasn't as bad as he seemed. Maybe he did have a heart after all.

"Morning sis." Sweet Pea greeted his sister as she emerged from room. Walking into the living area, all of the Serpents came into view. Jughead looking least pleased and his best pal Archie looking anxious.
"What's going on?" Valencia furrowed her brows.
"Where did you disappear to last night?" Jughead sat forward.
"I followed Kurtz like you told me to, but he was too fast for me and after awhile I gave up and headed home." She stated, hoping they would buy her lie.
"Why didn't you come back to us? You knew where we where and you could have at least messaged me to say where you where." Sweet Pea said unamused by her excuse.
"I thought you guys would have gone by then and where else would I have gone other than home huh?" Valencia replied agitated.
"I don't know-" Sweets began.
"- maybe hanging out with that psycho, the way he looks at you and all. Just saying." Fangs added.
Valencia took a deep breath.
"I told you what happened if you don't believe me then whatever it's not my problem. And if I was hanging out with that 'psycho' who actually does have a name as shocking as it sounds, it wouldn't be any of you business. But like I said, I wasn't, so if you don't mind I'm going to school now." The short girl rolled her eyes sarcastically, and picked up her bag before leaving. Making sure to slam the door behind her. The Serpents exchanged looks before delving into another discussion before school.