Chapter 24 Clandestine Operations

The three dragons circled down in Fareast. The butterfly dragons circled above chaotically flying around the large dragons. A small group of people stood on the ground waiting excitedly as the dragons set down. The dragon riders unbuckled their flight straps and dismounted. The dragon riders embraced Amelia and her family and sister.

"This is my dragon Mari, and Boo," Eulia said.

"And this big boy is Tor," Jo said proudly. "You ready to fly?"

"Yes," Amelia said clutching her baby to her breast.

"You're nursing!" Eulia said. Amelia blushed and nodded, "Just take you baby, I'm sure Thaddeus would love to see her."

"He has never met little Elisabeth," Amelia whispered. "I was worried about not taking her, no offense, June," she added turning to her sister.

"You both can fly with me on Mari." June held the baby as Amelia mounted the dragon and Eulia fastened the flight straps.

"Kids I will come back and we will fly to your Dad in a week or two." The dragon riders mounted the dragons and they were off. Little Elizabeth nursed quietly and seemed oblivious of the event as they crossed the frozen empty void. They circled down and landed near the barns on Mable's farm.

"My great grandma Mable will put us up," Eulia said. "She has housed the officers of the army hear. They have all moved to Dexter." Mable, Agnes and Rebecca were sitting on the porch an walked to the dragons as the riders dismounted. Rebecca was running to them the joy she was feeling evident on her face. She saw Amelia holding her baby.

"I love babies," she said.

"Becky is really good with babies," Mable said.

"Would you like to hold Betsy?" Amelia said softly. Rebecca held out her arms in response, "You can once you sit down."

"Come inside," Mable said smiling. "I have a room prepared for you. We can have lunch once your settled." They moved into the house. "It's been just to quiet around here since the army moved out." Once Rebecca was seated in an arm chair Elisabeth was put in her arms. Rebecca was smiling with pure delight as she held the baby.

"Euly going to have a baby," Rebecca said, "a little brother for me."

"Rebecca is your daughter?" Amelia asked. Eulia was blushing as her dragon rider sister laughed at her discomfort.

"Becky is my adopted sister," Eulia said, "I'm not pregnant, but plan to be married in just days." Rebecca continued to hold the baby as the table was set for lunch. They were all seated and talking quietly when Jeremy was lead in and given a seat by a servant. Jo moved quickly to embrace Jeremy and kiss him.

"What's wrong sweetheart?" Jo said as she looked into his face.

"Thaddeus, Dave and Jake have been captured," he said softly, "the magistrate plans to torture them to death unless we allow the empire to maintain a foot hold on the continent."

"What's the plan?" Jo asked.

"I'm in charge," Jeremy said, "and I have no idea. What about the plan you three mentioned in the library?"

"That has possibilities. How much time do we have?" Eulia asked.

"A week."

"Give us two days to check the route. I think a very small force will easily take the citadel."

"Then what?"

"The three of us will kidnap Arsenio dear," Eulia said sarcastically, "I'm sure we can persuade him to surrender. We will open the way into the citadel. Once we do you can lead a force in at night and simply take and hold it."