Sam made himself comfortable in the wooden chair in the book filled room. He was busy taking a sip of beer, so he barely noticed Dean glimpse by before flopping into the couch across him.

"So how did it go? You apologise?" Sam inquired.

"None of your business."

"Dean," Sam was getting exasperated.

"Look, we just talked. And uh," Dean stopped, "she asked about her grandparents."

Sam's eyes widened but returned back to their normal size, looking away.

"Did you tell her?"

"Yeah, I did. I didn't want to, but I did."

"Really."

"Really."

Sam was surprised. He didn't expect for him to tell her so easily.

A slightly uncomfortable air fogged between the two and Sam took another sip.

"I'm telling ya Sammy," Dean stood up and Sam gave him a bitchface, "she's smart. Like brainiac smart. Like you were at that age. And she's telling me she's my kid?" he scoffs.

He's sorta right, Sam thought. Izzy was a brainiac, as much as Sam was, maybe more. Dean was more jining and street smart and people smart. She was like Dean and sam smushed together, but a girl.

"Sorta. But she shot your attitude. And your eyes. She's yours alright. Get Izzy mad, and she's like an inferno."

"Hmm I can see that."

The younger Winchester is stuck between saying what's on his mind and keeping his thoughts to himself.

"Maybe if you got to know her better and called her more you wouldn't get into so many fights when you do see each other."

Dean looks at him with a sour face.

Crap, he didn't meant that out loud.

"Maybe."

Sam groaned; he just couldn't stop talking.

"Dean I'm serious. Izzy just lost her mom, she needs you. Even if it's just to check up. She like hearing from us."

"I'm done talking about this."

Sam grumbled but didn't push the matter further and downed the rest of what beer he had left in his now empty bottle.

Getting these two better terms is gonna be harder than expected, Sam thought.

_____________________

I am a terrible writer and updater but you can thank my BFF for reminding me of my responsibilities. Short chapter today :)

-D.C. Allen 👑