Chapter Five

I woke up in an unfamiliar setting: the walls were covered in a deep shade of purple and the floor in a deep scarlet red, it was simple, yet at the same time it screamed nobility. The bed that I reside in was angelic; it was so much better than some sheets on the floor.

Where am I?

Scenes from yesterday came flooding in, causing my head to ache in pain.

Oh yeah, I died and somehow got reincarnated as the most hated villainess. I definitely do not want to relive yesterday, again.

"Miss! Oh, Miss Serabi, you're awake! I shall inform Madam and Sir right away."

Beatrice was at the door before she frantically left in search of Duke and Duchess de Purineus, it appeared that I had fainted last night. One important information that I forgot to mention was that I, Lady Serabi, was born with a weak body. I guess all the stress from Prince Layven and my hard work in the kitchen was too much for Serabi's frail body, though I should have been more careful after all, Serabi does have a petite frame.

"Serabi! My angel, are you alright? How is your body? What happened? Did you eat something weird? Are you feeling better?"

My father, Duke Alymar, held my hand with tears in his eyes as he proceeded to ask me a million questions.

"Y-yes, father, I'm alright, and my body is fine. I'm just a little tired."

I gave him a reassuring smile which he returned.

"Are you sure? I'll go and call the doctor to come back-"

"Alymar! Serabi said that she's tired, stop asking her so many questions! And did you forget already? The doctor said she's fine, her body is under a lot of stress and needs some rest. And don't you have work to do? There's also still loads of work from last night that you still didn't finish."

My mother pushed her husband away, and she too held my hand, caressing it gently.

"Serabi, my love, you stay here and focus on getting better. I'll cancel tomorrow's tea party, you need to get all the rest you can get."

"N-no, mother; I'll be fine. Please, don't cancel the tea party because I would like to make new friends."

"Okay, sweetie if you say so. Just make sure you get plenty of sleep. And Beatrice, stay here with Serabi just in case she needs help."

"Yes, Madam."

"Thank you, mother."

Gentle smiles were exchanged between us and seconds later; Duchess Pacifica dragged her husband out of my room while Beatrice stayed in the room with me.

"My angel, when I finish my work, I'll be right back!"

The Duke screamed from the hallway as a small chuckle left my mouth, a fuzzy and warm feeling began to spread throughout my body; I wonder if this is what having a family feels like.

The fact that a tea party is happening tomorrow, it's hard for me to rest properly. I, being a 'peasant' in my first life had no lessons in etiquette whereas Serabi - a proper 'lady' was interested in etiquette lessons and she trained herself to become the perfect empress for the Prince ever since she was four years old.

"Beatrice! The training grounds! I have to get ready; the Prince must have been waiting!"

"We have informed His Highness, he said that you could get a day off, Miss."

"I see... I need to go to the library. Can you get the list of names who will be attending the tea party tomorrow, please?"

"But, Miss, you need to get more sleep. Madam has specially instructed for me to make sure that you get the rest that you need."