Chapter Nine

"... It's getting quite late, would you like me to take you home?"

Prince Layven asked, lifting his head to look at me.

Strange? Why doesn't he look happy; is he not glad that I'm leaving him alone?

"No, thank you, Your Grace, I think you should rest early."

I politely declined, mostly worrying about the insufferable silence between us during my trip home. And who knows, he might just kill me right then and there.

"Well, have a safe trip."

"Thank you, and goodnight Your Grace."

And with that, I left the room and was heading down the hallway. A huge sigh escaped from my mouth as relief washed over me.

I've survived another day.

Walking past the training hall, I could see that the area where the young knights' train is extremely spacious and in the corners they were filled with fake dummies leaving the middle unoccupied. Examining deeper; there was a chair centred between the benches.

As I made my way towards the entrance, I stopped to get a view of the area where the young knights' train, the hall is spacious with fake dummies in corners leaving the middle unoccupied. While examining the hall closer; a chair seated between the two long benches caught my eye. The pink armchair screamed luxury and wealth; this was where Lady Serabi would spend most of her days in the camp. Within a place where everyone is treated equally despite their difference in social status, they hated Lady Serabi. She would often flaunt her wealth and made it her life mission to make sure those everyone knew how prosperous she was.

Why is it still there? Wouldn't they have thrown it out already? It appears to be in good condition. I have to get someone to throw it out or perhaps sell it and, with that money, I can give Prince Layven the payment as thanks for letting me stay here. Come to think of it, why hasn't Prince Layven just kicked me out? If he hates me so much, he could ask his father to ban me. Especially now since, Lady Serabi has 'changed'.

Once again, I was lost in my thoughts; staring at the pink armchair until I heard a voice coming towards me further down the hallway.

"Lady Serabi!"

Turning my head, I saw Sir Rowan running towards me; his arms were holding two boxes. He appeared to be still wearing his training gear - which consists of a simple white t-shirt and brown pants. He stopped once he was in front of me.

"Sir Rowan! Why are you still here, the camp ended about 30 minutes ago."

"The same goes to you, why haven't you gone home early? Is it because of the knights? Since the training was a lot harder than usual, they ate a lot today. As to why I'm here, I'm moving the materials that we no longer need while preparing the lessons tomorrow."

"I see, well, I'm still here because I just had tea with His Highness."

For a short period, there was shock visible on his face before it was gone, and Sir Rowan's face returned to his usually handsome face.

"I'll take you home; I wouldn't want a lady such as yourself to be travelling alone since it's already so late. But first I'm going to put these boxes in the storage room first before we leave, so follow me."

Before I could reply, Sir Rowan already began walking and seeing that warm smile on his face; it was hard for me to reject his offer.

"I am grateful for your offer, Sir Rowan. Here, I'll help you with one of those boxes."

I extended my hands out; hoping to help Sir Rowan, after all, he was kind to me these past few days.

"There's no need since I am a knight after all! Plus, how could I let a lady carry a box. After putting these boxes in the storage room, I'm going to have to get change; my mother has expressed many times how she didn't like the fact that I was always filthy after coming home. Lady Serabi, you should get changed too."