Tourist Guide For Lefkada

Lefkada Town

Lefkada Town is the island's capital on its northeastern side. It is the administrative, economic and cultural center of Lefkada with a population of approximately 8,000 people, mainly engaged in agriculture and tourism. The capital is a small town surrounding the harbour. The earthquakes of 1948 and 1953 destroyed almost the whole island, and only a few churches and historical monuments have survived.

Agios Nikitas Lefkada

Agios Nikitas is a lovely fishing village, 13 km west of the town of Lefkada. Today, the settlement has 100 inhabitants, the majority of whom fish. The village is nestled around the bay and is amphitheatrically built in a beautiful area full of olive groves and enchanting scenery. In this wonderful village, the lush green and the white rocks coexist in peace. Agios Nikitas is a traditional settlement and its unique architecture adorns the houses and small hotel units in the area.

Vassiliki Lefkada

Vassiliki is a picturesque fishing port, very popular with tourists and travelers from Greece. It is 37 km from the capital of Lefkada and has a population of 400 inhabitants, the majority of whom fish.

Nidri Lefkada

Nidri is the most popular tourist resort in Lefkada, 17 km south of the city. Today the town has a population of 800 people mostly engaged in tourism and fishing.

Tsoulakades Lefkada

Tsoulakades is a beautiful mountain village, 6 km west of the town of Lefkada. The area is a beautiful example of traditional architecture with beautiful stone-built houses and tiled roofs. You will also notice some nice hotels around the village if you want to spend the night here.

Top Beaches

Porto Katsiki Lefkada

Porto Katsiki is one of Lefkada 's most important beach attractions and one of the top ten beaches in Greece and the Mediterranean. It is 45 km southwest of the capital of the island and near the village of Athani.

Egremni Lefkada

Egremni is a lovely beach, 40 km southwest of the town of Lefkada. The long sandy beach is surrounded by impressive rocky cliffs that create a wonderful setting. The white sand, shiny pebbles and crystal clear waters are an exotic atmosphere that attracts thousands of visitors every year. It is well organized with a long row of sunbeds and umbrellas stretching to the end of the beach, while some beautiful and more private spots can also be visited.

Kathisma Lefkada

Kathisma is probably one of the most beautiful beaches in Lefkada, 15 km south-east of the city, near Agios Nikitas village. One of Lefkada 's longest beaches with fine white sand and bright turquoise waters. The beach is surrounded by an idyllic mountain background which, despite the great tourist activity, offers a feeling of total isolation.

Agios Ioannis Lefkada

Agios Ioannis Beach is the closest beach to Lefkada Town, only a few kilometers away. The long beach is many meters long and is surrounded by golden sand and blue green waters. The area boasts an exotic scenery that attracts thousands of visitors.

Pefkoulia Lefkada

Pefkoulis is an impressive large sandy beach 10 km southwest of Lefkada Town in the vicinity of Agios Nikitas, a fishing village. Considered one of the island's best beaches, the Pefkoulia sea has a beautiful turquoise color that attracts many visitors. This beach is easily accessible and very popular and can be overcrowded in summer.