Betrayal

Before start : The Training Center in this story is similar to the Hunger Games, only the penthouses and gym are at separate buildings. Also, the gym has multiple floors, instead of one.

************************************

As he was thrown in the air, Ryoma, for once in his life, was genuinely laughing and smiling. He felt great, elated that he could help these people to become so happy. After all the congratulations, he was set down, patting his back for a job well done.

"Echizen-kun, why don't you go home and rest a few days or so? That nasty fall you had and the resulting amnesia might have had an effect on you. We'll just postpone the celebration party a few days after you'd rested. Like maybe 3 days or so in Kawamura Sushi?" Oishi suggested, in all of his mother-heniness.

"Hoi, hoi! Oishi's right Ochibi!" Eiji added, smiling.

"Echizen, get some good rest and then in 3 days, go to Kawamura Sushi." Tezuka said.

Ryoma smiled, said "Alright", took his things and proceeded go home. When he was almost out of the stadium he realized he forgot something and ran back to the others. As neared where he left them, he heard them talking, and he slowed down.

"You think he's gone?"

"98% that he's already left the stadium, 1% he got hold up by somebody else but still in the stadium but far enough not to hear us, 0.88% that he's outside drinking Ponta and a 0.2% chance of him returning here." Inui listed down his statistics.

"Finally, the Cup's ours. All thanks to the brat."

"Yeah, it feels good to be National champions for once."

"Yes, now, Tezuka, can we please kick him out of the team now?" Fuji almost whined.

"Yes, He'd done his job. We'll just tell him he has to focus on winning the Grand Slams or something." Tezuka said harshly.

"Good riddance, I am SO tired of pretending to actually care for that brat. Best Friends, pft! Yeah right! Isn't that right, Mamushi?"

"Yes finally, we can stop pretending of hating each other, I hate fighting with such a good friend like you, Momo."

Ryoma felt tears well up in his eyes. 'To think I was going to thank them for their help in that game. I bet they felt absolutely nothing back from before I left them for America. Those fake tears they had when I thanked them by showing their own techniques to them.' Ryoma couldn't stop the sob that escaped him and the others looked to his direction and saw his tear stained face. They all looked stunned and was about to say something when Ryoma took off his jacket, throwing it to the ground and stepping on it. His voice was strained but didn't break and said in a low deadly tone, "I thought I finally found true friends. You're all just like everyone else. I hate you all. If you want me out of the team then fine. I quit never expect me to be back here ever again!" Ryoma turned to walk away when he turned back to them. "Well, Don't expect me to leave this matter unattended. Expect me….real soon."

Ryoma walked away, leaving a stunned team of Regulars.

Once he went home, he said harshly to his dad, "Oyaji! Contact Pakura now!"

The old man was stunned. "Where're your friends?"

Ryoma laughed sarcastically. "What friends? They used me to win the darn National Tournament! I shouldn't have even bothered to come back here! What are you waiting for? Contact Pakura now, didn't you hear me?"

"Alright, alright." He dialed Pakura's number.

"Hello?" a female voice answered.

"Paku-chan?" said Nanjiroh. (Her name's Pakura, but they call her Paku for short)

"Nanjiroh-oji-san! It's good to hear from you! What is it?" Pakura replied. Nanjiroh looked towards Ryoma. Ryoma snatched the phone from his dad, put it on his ear, and said to her, "Paku. I'm coming back to America. Is there a room available at the Training Center?"

Pakura checked the list. "Well…..yes, there's one at the seventh floor, across from my room. Why?"

"Good. Book that room for me, would you?" Ryoma chocked out those words

"Alright. Is there something wrong? You sound sad." said Pakura.

"I'll explain when I get there, Paku." Said Ryoma, tears silently flowing down his cheek.

"Ok."

Pakura closed the phone. 'I wonder what's going on.'