Chapter 20: The Champions take action!

Training resumed the day after Echizen Ryoga appeared in the Training Center as a Coach for the ITM champions. The champions woke up early for their training. Ryoma went to the dining room to find Pakura already sitting there. "Good morning, Ryoma." She yawned. She had on a ribbon hairclip today. This time, the ribbon is pink outlined with white. She broke the rolls and dipped it into her hot chocolate. "The others are still sleeping. I couldn't handle my nightmares, so I woke up early." She hastened to explain. Ryoma nodded, and sat down next to her. While they were eating, the room doors opened and out came the champions. They yawned, rubbed their eyes and collected breakfast. "Our plan is, when we are training at different stations, the school teammates tend to stick together. All of us will go to different stations, and convince each of the teammates that Ryoma is the one being betrayed. If worse comes to worse, we'll use the CD with our evidence." said Pakura. The team nodded, before collecting their tennis equipment and going to the gym. When they arrived there, the coaches announced it was time for yet another round of private training sessions. First, they will train until 12pm, where after that, they will have lunch. During lunch, they will call them out one by one, and at 4pm, they will announce the scores. After that, they are free for the rest of the day. Tomorrow, will be the start of the practice matches.

During training, Pakura gave a nod to the team and each went to different stations. Ryoma stuck with Atobe (as usual) and they proceeded to the balance station with Fudomine. "Echizen." said Tachibana. "I must say you got us surprised when you beat the Golden Pair in the doubles match." Echizen nodded, as he tried to balance himself on the small board.

"Yeah." said Shinji. "I can't believe you are good at doubles. The last time I heard you are really bad at doubles. Man, I can't believe you improved to the point you surpassed us in just three years. You must have some sort of secret in order to be good at doubles. And your partner is so pretty. Man, I wish my partner is-"

"Hey!" said Kamio. "I can hear you, you know!"

Echizen did a back flip, and he landed on the floor on his feet. "Anyway, do you really believe Seigaku when they said about me betraying them?" he said to the team in general.

"Well..." said Tachibana. "That was the only side of the story we heard. Come to think of it, we didn't hear your side of the story, Echizen."

Kamio tapped his chin thoughtfully. "Yeah..."

Atobe sighed. "If Ryoma were the one who betrayed them and said he is going to take credit for being the creator of those moves, wouldn't he be famous by now? And he wouldn't come back for revenge, would he? Also, he might not want to come back because he's afraid of what Seigaku would do, wouldn't he?" The Fudomine team nodded. "Fair point." said Sakurai. "But, what evidence do you have to say that Echizen's not the traitor?" Atobe smiled. What evidence do you have to say Echizen's the traitor? And don't say Seigaku said so." The team fell silent. Come to think of it, they do not have solid evidence. Atobe went on. "After the private training sessions, we'll show you the evidence. His vice-captain, Pakura, unfortunately met with a little misfortune just yesterday. She got a little bit messed up while getting the evidence from us." The team perked up. "Really? What was it?" Atobe smiled. "I'll show you after the private sessions. Wait for us at your floor." Tachibana nodded. "Alright. I'll see you in our floor at 4.30pm. We'll be waiting." The rest of the team members nodded.

During lunch, Ryoma exclaimed, "Thanks a lot, Keigo, for doing the talking." Atboe smiled. "No problem. After all, Ore-sama was the Student Council President of his school." Ryoma gave a small smile, before pulling Atobe into a passionate kiss. "Ahem!" said a voice. Ryoma looked up and groaned. It was his brother. "Aniki!" he shouted to the older version of him, who suddenly appeared next to him. "Save your affections for later. You're putting me off my lunch." Ryoma huffed. "Then don't look!" Ryoga shook his head. "I expect Chibisuke to be more mature than that. I didn't know you are that immature." He wagged his finger at Ryoma, before returning to his stew. Ryoma shook his head, before turning to the other champions. "So, how was it?" Tyler spoke up. "Well, I think I convinced some of your teammates, Atobe. I still think it's best to show the solid evidence, though." Philip nodded. "Same here. Shitenhouji might need a little bit of push." Ryoma nodded. "Good job, Tyler. Pakura?" Pakura opened her eyes, and said acidly, "Jousei Shonan was interested in what I had to say. Wakato was especially ecstatic that a pretty girl was speaking to him. I spoke to Kajimoto, the captain. He seemed pretty mature and was willing to hear what I had to say, unlike the rest of them, who just stared at my face dreamily, and practically drooling over it. Ok, Youhei and Kouhei weren't so bad either. I think I will go to their floor to convince them before I come up for dinner." William nodded. "Yes, Rokkaku seemed skeptical at first, but then I told them they do not have solid evidence that you betrayed them. I'll give them one more push before dinner." Jude replied, "Well, Yamabuki wanted to hear more of what I had to say after their private training sessions. Perhaps I would use that evidence as well." Chris spoke up. "I think I can have St. Rudolph convinced. However, Fuji Yuuta, the younger brother of Fuji Syusuke, may not believe his older brother would do such a thing. I'll have to go to their floor and speak to them later." Philip nodded. "Same here with Higa Chuu." Ryoma nodded. "Good job, all of you. After the private sessions, do what you all have to do."