3-"Call me"

I stand there, stupidly. Thinking. Actually thinking of what I should do, or was it what my name should be?

Its kinda a blur I mean, my mind couldn't focus too much on it. There was a Hero standing, waiting for me after all. I should have thought about it more properly, I wasn't fully prepared.

I shuffle through a pocket for a moment, grabbing out a piece of crumpled up paper. "You got a pen?" I ask looking at the Hero. 

"A pen? Really. Right now?" he scoffs, I slowly nod my head. His facial expression was hard to explain but he begins to look for one through his suit's pockets. After a little bit of searching, he tosses me one.

I barely catch it, holding it up for him to see "Thanks!" I walk over to one of the sides of the walls of the alleyway. Putting my paper on the wall, I start writing down my phone number and a little note. It was pretty difficult righting on a brick wall but it had to do. The numbers looked a bit scratchy, hopefully, he can read it....

I look over at him backing from the wall, I rap up the paper on the pen. "Here..." I toss it back to him but in mid-air it freezes, so does the Hero and his accomplice. Basically everything around me is still at this point. 

I walk past the Hero pat him on the back and leave the scene.

Note

MY NuMbeR  xxx-xxx-xxxx

Ill gEt bAck tO yoU oN tHe nAMe~

cAll mE.

___Change of Perspective___

When I was young. Hero's actually had dignity, honor, morals. They had what others could look up to. A true knight in shining armor saving the day, it almost completely gave people hope. 

Now that I have a different perspective on things, I think to myself....what happened? What happened to these Hero's that stood before you and made you feel like one of them? That changed your thoughts of humanity? Or changed your thoughts to do something better for the world?

Maybe it was us...

Asking for too much?

Pushing them to the limit?

Taking their true heroic intentions and twisting it? Because of our  hidden fear of them.

The questions still remain and here I stand thinking of it. Not doing much on fixing it myself. I guess I don't really care much. Not unlike other people do, all I do is watch. I'm kinda good at that for who I am. Well, what I do as a job for the very least. 

Standing at a door all day waiting for orders or something to shoot at is my daily routine. 

My "co-worker standing next to me likes to keep things interesting. He really is annoying but it's not like I can just walk away from my post. That would get me killed....and an angry boss.

I currently just blank out the dumb dad jokes he cracks out, staring at nothing for the most part. That's what I'm doing actually currently and I'm ready to shoot him. 

Even then I don't think I can forget any of his jokes. 

As I stare at the forest beyond the warehouse doors, I see something. Something that makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. Every time I see it too.

I stand frozen, afraid to move.

And he still comes closer.