6-"A Pride's Stance"

As a Hero, I've been through many things...

I've been shot, stabbed, and blasted by crazy abilities before. In many ways, my situation is nothing......if it wasn't for my true love watching my every move.

I stand there, looking at the glimmer in the glass shards. I instantly can recognize who the Villain is by the shards before me. Since I have dealt with them time and time again. The Villain repeats the same exact "imgoingtokillyoutonight!beprepared" speech. Mostly blah blah blah...

I stay calm. Holding back a laugh. 

Soon enough the Villain herself walks out giggling "I've got you now." she gives me a wicked smile with her crazy purple eyes. I notice she changed her look. Her suit looks even tackier now. 

I roll my eyes after a bit. "Aren't you going to end me now?" I ask unimpressed. I have my time set on more important fights than this one. This inconvenience has no right to step in my way and fight me whenever she pleases. I was just about to get to know the wonderful Villan in front of me. 

Why does this have to happen to me? Right now? 

"HAH! I was just planning on it!" The Villain remarks. In a blink of an eye, every single shard comes down. 

In a blink of an eye, I'm on the ground, with a pool up blood under me. I hear laughter. I see red. And I feel quite annoyed. 

I've been over this a thousand times before. What has changed? "Fighting" this Villain over and over again, I know they can't ground me. They don't have the power to be able to ground me. My head spins as I try to think of an answer to all my new questions.

A week ago this Villain wouldn't be able to deal the slightest scratch on me. Now it seems like they could kill me. Maybe I'm just overreacting just a tad bit. I think of myself as one of the top Heroes in the city. I know I'm one of the strongest. 

It never really occurred to me to actually stop thinking about myself for once. 

What can I do?

 I've never been in a situation I couldn't handle. I slightly feel embarrassed, but here I go thinking about myself once again. I attempt to stand but I get knocked back down. I haven't even had the chance to use my power yet. 

I start to hear ringing in my ears, looking up I watch as she starts to walk away. The girl of my dreams is leaving me to my possible lonesome death. 

I can't let her leave yet, I need contact info or something! Another strike of shards hit my back. My vision blurs and the laughter gets quieter.

"YOU PRETTY MUCH ARE USELESS NOW!" I can't believe I'm doing nothing. 

Why am I trying to second guess myself? Maybe for more of a dramatic experience?

I'm the Hero Pride. 

Nothing will get in my way from what I want.

Not even a lowlife like this one.